Legal Secretary - Palo Alto
- Palo Alto, CA
Legal Secretary - Palo Alto, CA
We are working with a major law firm that has two (2) immediate openings for a Legal Secretary with at least 5+ years of experience to join its Silicon Valley office. Ideal candidates will be team oriented, but able to work independently as well. The firm offers a business casual work environment and all legal secretaries are eligible for annual salary increases, and annual bonuses. The desk is primarily litigation but may include some corporate. Willing to train on corporate as needed for the right candidate.
Our client is known for its prestigious reputation and culture that also provides a positive, friendly working environment.
- 5-15+ years of Legal Secretary experience in a law firm environment. Will consider small or boutique firm experience.
- Litigation and/or corporate experience is highly preferred (will train the right candidate).
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; College degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate work,juggle multiple priorities and manage deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to manage work flow and delegate projects as necessary.
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with various levels of staff within the organization.
- Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary.
- Systems: iManage, MS Office, Elite, Webview, Chrome River,CovReservation.
- Coordinates and maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flow; complies with policies and procedures set by employer;establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with supervisors, co-workers,clients, etc.
- Schedules court appearances, depositions, arbitrations, mediations, client meetings and conference calls; arranges business itineraries and coordinates lawyers’ travel arrangements;processes travel reimbursements; maintains calendar and due dates for lawyers as required.
- Organizes and coordinates flow of information.
- Sorts, reads and annotates incoming mail and documents as required - attaches appropriate file to facilitate necessary action; determines routing, signatures required, and maintains follow-ups.
- Answers phones and directs callers to appropriate persons as circumstances warrant. Receives and assists visitors.
- Types and composes general correspondence, memos, legal documents, faxes, reports, etc. from various sources (e.g., handwritten notes, tape dictation).
- Prepares communications outlined by lawyer in oral or written directions.
- Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy. Correlates and edits materials submitted by others.
- Organizes material that may be presented to lawyers in draft format. Ensures that all correspondence or other documentation is dispatched in a timely manner (via mail, messenger, express delivery services, etc.)
- Prepares motion binders and special working binders. Coordinates multi-document filings in both state and federal courts, including E-filings.
- Equipment: computer, duplicating machines, scanners.
- Prepares draft pleadings such as briefs, complaints, motions, subpoenas, summonses, using firm templates and information from attorneys.
- Establishes and maintains filing and records, in both hard copy and electronic formats. Files information in a timely manner. Retrieves information from files as requested. Sends files to storage on a periodic basis. Updates subscription books as required.
- Enters lawyers’ time on a daily basis and sends to accounting by month-end deadlines. Prepares client billing as required.
- Researches and abstracts information and support data in preparation for meetings, work projects, and reports.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date desk manual on specific instructions and responsibilities for the secretarial share.
- Takes action authorized by Attorneys or Office Manager using initiative and good judgment in handling matters.
- Notifies appropriate parties the status of assigned attorneys; notifies Office Manager about availability to assist with overflow work.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Friday, November 29, 2019