Bankruptcy Associate - LA
- Los Angeles, CA
Bankruptcy Associate - Los Angeles, CA
One of our top law firm's is seeking an associate with 3-6 years of experience and strong academic credentials to join its Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy practice. The associate hired for this position will focus primarily on bankruptcy and insolvency-related transactions and litigation matters. Expected responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following.
- Drafting motions, applications, plan-related documents and other pleadings
- Appearing in federal bankruptcy court in hearings, contested matters and adversary proceedings, and in state court in related state court litigation
- Researching and analyzing federal bankruptcy and state law debtor/creditor issues, including governmental regulations affecting Chapter 11 debtors
- Assisting with preparation of bankruptcy related documents such as schedules and statement of financial affairs, as well as discovery in connection with adversary and contested matters
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere while enjoying the benefits and resources of a large, international law firm.
- Has superb analytical skills and thinks creatively
- Is organized and able to prioritize assignments effectively
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- 2-6 years of legal experience is required
- Chapter 11 debtor experience is highly preferred
- Prior law firm experience is required
- Bankruptcy clerkship experience is preferred
- Should be licensed to practice law in the State of California and be in good standing
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thursday, April 11, 2019