Trust and Estates Paralegal – Burlingame, CA
Trusts/Estates boutique, located in Burlingame, California, is
an established, boutique law firm comprised of diverse, highly experienced attorneys delivering sophisticated counsel to high net worth individuals and families, fiduciaries, companies and nonprofit
organizations. Our core areas of practice include estate planning, trusts and wealth transfer as well as trust, estate and fiduciary litigation.
We are seeking a full-time, experienced PARALEGAL to work in the area of trust and estate administration. Organization and attention to detail are extremely important in this fast paced office.
The ideal candidate is extremely empathetic and capable of offering the highest level of service to our clientele. Professionalism and teamwork are prized, so the best candidate works well with
attorneys, co-workers, clients and their allied advisors, such as accountants and financial planners, and the court.
Responsibilities include: all facets of trust and probate administration, including meeting with clients, trustees and family members; communicating with beneficiaries; drafting correspondence and legal documents; preparing deeds, asset spreadsheets and probate pleadings; preparing federal estate tax returns and gift tax returns; reviewing bank statements; notarizing documents; and organizing and maintaining client files.
Education, training, experience:
• Minimum of 3 years solid trust & estate paralegal experience, along with a bachelor’s degree and a paralegal certificate or equivalent
• Experience with sophisticated Estate Planning and high net worth clients
• Experience with Estate Tax returns (706) highly desired
• Highly proactive with attention to detail, dependable, and extremely organized
• Excellent math and computer skills, including at least intermediate command of Word and Excel
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent proofreading skills and clear and concise communication skills
• Knowledge of Probate process and rules, use of judicial council forms
The ideal candidate has knowledge of iManage, Adobe Acrobat and MacPac.
• Very competitive salary, benefits, 401(k) matching and profit sharing
Compensation will be commensurate with experience (they told us to send along candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist