Legal Secretary - SF
- San Francisco , CA
Legal Secretary - San Francisco, CA
National law firm seeking junior litigation legal secretary in their San Francisco office, conveniently located at the Montgomery BART Station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts and reviews legal correspondence including thoroughly proofreading for errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
- Prepares and collects conflict of interest checks, opens new files and maintains client files.
- Maintains attorneys’ calendars with hearing dates, filing deadlines, and other dates of importance.
- Makes client and client-related appointments for attorneys as necessary.
- Professional demeanor with all Firm’s clients, attorneys, staff and vendors. Including responding to messages and requests in a timely manner and performing job duties with enthusiasm and a genuine perceivable zest to be of service.
- Familiar with state and US Federal Court Case Management/Electronic Case File (CM/ECF)/PACER system, including submission of electronic filings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, or other similar software programs necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
- Provide assistance to others within firm when requested based on priorities of current work-in-hand, promoting teamwork and mutual cooperation among all staff members.
Qualifications & Experience:
- One (1) to three (3) years litigation secretarial experience.
- Experience maintaining paperless files. iManage experience a plus.
- Knowledge of service deadlines for various litigation tasks, including familiarity of the California Code of Civil Procedure.
- Must successfully pass a background and drug screen.
- Paid time off.
- Health insurance/Dental insurance.
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs.
- Retirement benefits or accounts.
- Commuting/travel assistance.
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, May 20, 2019