Regulatory Business Development Specialist - DC
- Washington, DC
Business Development (Regulatory) Specialist – Washington, DC
We are working with a major law firm that is looking for a results-oriented Business Development Specialist based in the Washington, DC office who will assist in supporting the Firm’s regulatory practices, including life sciences, energy, public policy, trade, government contracts, and privacy and cyber security groups. Position in non-exempt.
The Specialist is responsible for supporting the implementation of the groups’ marketing and business development plans and initiatives to secure new clients and strengthen existing relationships and increase visibility of the practices. The Specialist’s primary responsibility will be supporting the Life Sciences Business Development Manager and the life sciences practices and industry groups (pharmaceutical/biotechnology, medical device, digital health, healthcare, and others), but will also have exposure to and assist in supporting other regulatory practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, business or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in professional services marketing.
- Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development. Previous law firm experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills. Effective time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, work well under tight deadlines and other pressures while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated leadership and proactivity.
- Creativity, and value-added orientation
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). InterAction and Adobe skills a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and execution of marketing and business development plans, industry group plans, and Firm wide initiatives to advance group goals.
- Coordinate and support the preparation of new business proposals, client presentations, and responses to RFPs.
- Track and maintain practice/industry group experience and representative matters for proposals, directory submissions, website updates, etc.
- Coordinate and implement client webinars and events, including organizing webinar logistics, assessing venues, coordinating with venue event staff, working with marketing communications team to prepare invitations and other event communications, monitoring RSVPs, and preparing post event reports.
- Identify, assess, and coordinate participation in conferences, seminars, forums, sponsorships, and speaking and writing opportunities, and ensure effective participation.
- Develop and maintain segmented client and prospect mailing lists.
- Support logistical and other activities related to lateral integration.
- Record client development activities, efforts, and results in department-wide tracking database.
- Assist with securing CLE accreditation for group programming and distribute CLE certificates to client’s post-event.
- Produce and disseminate weekly internal report on previous and upcoming business development activities.
- Draft, review, and proofread internal and external communications.
- Draft submissions for relevant practices for directory listings and other awards, including Chambers.
- Work with communications team to develop group marketing materials, including electronic client alerts and memoranda, website content, newsletters, brochures, and other external communication pieces.
- Produce and update as needed marketing materials such as brochures and descriptions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and required.
- Timely and regular attendance.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, March 16, 2020