Human Resources Manager - DC
- Washington, DC
Human Resources Manager - Washington, DC
One of our top law firms seeks a Human Resources Manager with at least 3+ years experience to join its DC office. Position will be responsible for providing broad generalist human resource management support and services to lawyers and staff, and fulfills an integral operations role as a member of the firm wide human resources team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Jointly participates in the operational management of a wide array of HR activities to include implementation of firm and office policies and procedures, EEO compliance, compensation and benefits administration, recruiting/hiring/orientation process, training programs, evaluation process, terminations, human resources management system and administration of employment information and records
- Manages and oversees the staff annual evaluation process including communications, timeline, and approval process
- Assists managers in communicating performance evaluation information to employees
- Provides support for the compensation review process for staff and attorneys
- Assist attorneys, managers and staff in the handling of employee complaints and/or grievances and determination of appropriate disciplinary actions. Liaise with HR director and CHRO regarding employee relations matters
- Help ensure legal compliance in all areas including EEO regulations, Title VII, FMLA, ADA, FSLA, HIPPA, Workers Compensation, labor law postings and other Federal and local laws and statutes
- Works with the staff recruiting function to assist with staff candidate screening, interviewing, and selection
- Management, training and oversight of social media screening process on prospective hires
- Management and oversight of the firm’s exit interview process for staff departures
- Management and development of the firm’s electronic employee files system
- Oversight and development of the firm’s e-training platform and local, mandatory training
- HR point of contact for the progressive development of the HRIS system
- Management of two administrative subordinate employees
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by HR team management
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field. PHR and/or SPHR preferred
- Prior experience in a law firm or similar professional services setting preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Proven ability to communicate with personnel at all levels
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a human resources generalist capacity
- Prior individual/team management experience
- Strong MS Office proficiency required
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, July 16, 2019