One of our prestigious global firms is looking for a Corporate Secretary to join their team.
• Delivers excellent work and superior service to the Firm's clients; contributes to the Firm's reputation for excellence by providing highly efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to a legal team consisting of three or more timekeepers (attorneys and/or paralegals).
• Assumes responsibility for ensuring the efficient daily administrative operations of the assigned legal team.
• Communicates with attorneys and helps balance the team's workload to ensure completion of projects within established time frames and quality standards; seeks assistance from the Secretarial Resources Manager when workload demands and deadlines require.
• Demonstrates mastery of the Firm's word processing system by producing a variety of documents from various source materials, which may include dictaphone tapes. Composes routine and non-routine correspondence for attorney review as requested.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the Firm's secretarial policies and all applicable administrative procedures.
• Provides administrative support to assigned legal team by ensuring the organization of work flow, files and recordkeeping, including preparation of timesheets and client bills, and the processing of incoming and outgoing mail and overnight deliveries.
• Assists in organizing work schedule by maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments and coordinating travel arrangements.
• Proactively supports Firm-wide client service initiatives.
• Provides quality service to internal departments and external parties by interacting professionally and displaying a "can do" attitude via electronic and print correspondence, when answering telephone calls, taking and relaying messages, greeting visitors and coordinating attorney, client or other inquiries in the absence of the attorney.
• Maintains a professional relationship with other legal counsel, courts, agencies and professional organizations with whom the attorney(s) works. Acts as liaison with the Firm's internal service departments to ensure the provision of quality services to the legal team and WilmerHale's clients.
• Demonstrates teamwork by providing secretarial and administrative support to neighboring legal teams, or, as requested by the Secretarial Resources Manager, whenever workload permits; contributes to the assimilation and training of new legal and support staff.
• Assists legal team with non-client matters, which may include miscellaneous work, generated from outside activities and "pro bono" legal work. • Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
• Contributes to the Firm's Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person. Required Skills
• Ability to multi-task to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment and multiple priorities.
• Excellent word processing skills and knowledge of Windows operating system.
• Excellent organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in spelling, grammar, proofreading and writing skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Required Experience
• 2+ years secretarial or administrative experience, preferably in legal OR professional services organization.
High School Diploma or GED. Associate's Degree with concentration in Secretarial Studies, or equivalent preferred.
Posted On: Friday, November 2, 2018