IT Support Specialist - SF
- San Francisco, CA
IT Support Specialist - San Francisco, CA
We are working with a nationally ranked law firm that seeks an IT Support Specialist with at least 3-10+ years experience to join its San Francisco office.
Under the general direction of the US IT Service Delivery Manager and according to established policies and procedures, the IT Support Specialist will work as part of the U.S. IT Support team, alongside seven other U.S. IT Support Analysts (based in the San Diego, San Francisco, New Haven and Greenwich, CT and New York, NY offices).
The individual’s primary work base will be the San Francisco office, but occasional travel may be required to other offices to assist with Service Desk cover (holiday and sickness) and to work on projects as needed. Service Desk cover for offices other than the primary work base will be handled remotely unless travel to another location is necessary. Please note that when needed in another US office, the firm will reimburse for travel to and from other US offices.
Key IT Support Tasks and Essential Duties:
- Support the Microsoft Office 2013 suite, Mimecast, iManage 9.0 and other legal software such as Workshare Professional, Elite Enterprise and Web, BigHand digital dictation software, AccuRoute, HotDocs, pdfDocs, InterAction, Contract Express, Forms WorkFlow and eDockets.
- Answer the Global IT Service Desk telephone and deal with first/second line calls, providing desk-side assistance as appropriate.
- Floor walk to assist with and resolve IT issues (using remote control software where appropriate).
- Log calls in the Service Desk call logging software (vFire) to ensure incidents are escalated via the correct procedure and close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
- Build and support laptops, desktops, printers and mobile devices such as iPhones and Androids.
- Meet with all new hires and set up their remote access technology needs (laptop, mobile devices, Cisco VPN, Duo Security, Citrix Access).
- Able to train and assist with MS office 2013 questions, Adobe Acrobat, Client relationship management database (Interaction), DeskSite, FileSite, Workshare, Mimecast, Elite and other firm software
- Administer the hardware and software inventory; add/remove new joiners and leavers into the call logging system and ensuring our records are kept fully up to date.
- Assist with the setup of conference rooms with laptops, remote presentation and technical support of the existing Cisco video conferencing equipment.
- Assist the Global IT Systems team with on-site server related tasks.
- Correctly diagnose PC, laptop and printer hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers. Repair calls should be carried out within reasonable time scales and monitored to resolution.
- Inform the US IT Service Delivery Manager of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales.
- Provide desk side assistance as appropriate.
- Prep and troubleshoot video conferencing system connections before or if need be during meetings.
- Able to occasionally travel to other US offices as needed.
- Work on projects as required.
Skills and Experience required:
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 Professional
- Active Directory environment and Exchange 2010
- MS Office 2010/13/16
- MUST have experience with a Document Management System – preferably iManage 9.0/10 (Advanced)
- Workshare Professional
- Omtool AccuRoute
- Time Management/Recording – Smart Time and Elite
- IP networking and remote user requirements, including Citrix and VPN
- Supporting mobile devices - iPhone, iPad and Android
- Duo Security (2FA)
- Service Desk ticketing system – vFire
- PC hardware (HP desktops and Lenovo laptops), HP Laser printers and Canon multifunction devices configuration of laptops
- Ability to correctly analyze and diagnose PC, Printer and Laptop faults
- Law firm applications – HotDocs, BigHand, pdfDocs, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Contract Express, Forms WorkFlow and eDockets
- Experience supporting audio visual conferences using Cisco equipment
- Must have at least 3-10+ years of experience in a law firm environment
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Must possess good problem solving skills and a calm and focused attitude
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems methodically and logically
- Needs to be a pro-active team player but have the ability to work and focus on tasks independently of others
- Good administration/clerical skills for updating records
- Excellent communication skills including keeping users regularly updated with progress of job
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Empathize with user frustrations; capable of dealing with people in a calm, effective manner
- Fast learner, adaptable, able to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic and friendly with a good sense of humor
- Enjoys being a team player
- Flexible approach to working hours during upgrades and other ad hoc duties carried out by IT
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, July 9, 2019