IP Paralegal - Rochester
- Rochester, NY
IP Paralegal - Rochester, NY
We are working with a major law firm that seeks an IP Paralegal with at least 3+ years experience to join its Rochester, New York office. Patent background is a plus!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of lawyers, assist with:
- the preparation, filing, prosecution, and maintenance of domestic and foreign patent applications;
- prepare client letters, reporting status of applications and patents;
- review docket for deadlines;
- understand docket and deadlines and action needed on each file;
- inform responsible lawyer(s) of deadlines;
- assist with IP due diligence projects, as needed.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills Requirements:
- Interpret and understand the rules of the USPTO, PCT and other international patent offices relating to IP.
- Experience in on-line IP database searching.
- Experience using and/or understanding docketing software.
- Experience using and/or understanding Global IPEstimator and REforeignInv.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word and Excel).
- Track and enter billable hours, as required, in Elite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work productively under pressure and manage multiple priorities and track extensive deadlines.
- Must be willing to take initiative to ensure completion of tasks, and must be able to pursue projects to completion with a minimum of input or direction.
- Must be able to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of attorneys and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Must be able to communicate orally and electronically with ordinary courtesy and tact.
Training & Education Requirements:
- Qualified candidates typically have an undergraduate degree and/or paralegal certificate.
- A minimum of three (3) to twenty (20) years paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department with a demonstrated knowledge of intellectual property legal concepts, terminology, principles and procedures is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thursday, July 11, 2019