Corporate Paralegal – Silicon Valley, CA
One of our Full-Service Corporate boutique firms is seeking qualified paralegals in their Silicon Valley office.
Qualities that we look for in a paralegal: • Minimum of 3+ years of recent and direct corporate law experience (preferably in a large Silicon Valley/corporate law firm); • Possess excellent communication/organizational skills and diligent attention to detail; • Have dedication to responsive client service and a passion for working with entrepreneurs; • Are confident/self-assured; • Have the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and • Bring a sense of humor and an energetic personality.
What we offer:
1. Exciting work and phenomenal deal flow. Over the past five years alone, we advised clients in well over 800 VC/Angel financings and 85 acquisitions. We are working with clients backed by tier-one venture capitalists. Our clients are doing deals with global enterprise players. On the investor side, we represent about 2 dozen prominent VCs, “Super Angels” and individual angels. We are consistently across the table from the largest firms in Silicon Valley.
2. Significantly lower billable hours expectations. Our associates and paralegals average around 1,200-1,300 hours per year, including unlimited hours billed to the firm/pro bono. While the hours are lower, due to the quality of our clients, the work is still intense, but the lower hours load enables everyone to work well together, deliver an excellent client service experience, and then have enough non-working hours to have lives and families and be interesting people.
3. Competitive compensation. All paralegals other than the head of our department are lockstep at $90K right now. We offer full medical, vision and dental coverage (for employees and dependents), as well as a 401(k) plan, a monthly transportation and smartphone subsidies.
4. Outstanding colleagues. Our team is made up of attorneys, paralegals and other professionals who were trained at Orrick, Gunderson, Fenwick and other top firms. We bring the same passion and commitment to our work here as we brought to those firms. We also bring a love of fun and good humor that was often missing from these prior jobs (possibly because we feel more empowered at work, we truly enjoy working with one another and we have more time for fun in our private lives).
5. Entrepreneurial spirit. We represent entrepreneurs (and the people who support them) and we are entrepreneurs ourselves. We are building a different type of law firm that provides excellent counsel in an ultra-responsive manner and remains fun with time for personal pursuits and passions. You can help us continue to build something great.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible. Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.