Docket Specialist - LA
- Los Angeles, CA
Docket Specialist - Los Angeles, CA
We are working with a great law firm that is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Docket Specialist to support the firm's docket function. The Docket Specialist works under the supervision of the Firm's Risk Management and Compliance Director, and will be located in the Los Angeles office.
- Provides data entry, maintenance and first level support of firm-wide automated docket/calendar system
- Responds in a timely professional way to legal staff and attorney questions regarding docket/calendar, court rules related to litigation deadlines
- Assist with the implementation of a firm-wide docket policies and procedures
- Adhere to docket procedures and methods of entry
- Ensure proper documentation of all transactions as specified by docket policies & procedures
- Determines docket/calendar dates from court documents and correspondence and enters data into the docket/calendar software
- Provides troubleshooting and support to legal staff regarding the docket processes and policies
- Produce reports for all professionals and appropriate staff upon request.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal court rules
- Experience in Compulaw's Vision Docketing/Calendar software
- Knowledge of CMS/Aderant time accounting system
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, telephone, written) required
- Excellent client service and teamwork skills required
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Excellent organization skills required
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately, thoroughly and consistently required
- Ability to proactively identify problem areas and communicate them to appropriate individuals
- BA/BS preferred, paralegal certification helpful
- 3+ years related legal calendar/docket experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to prioritize time and manage workload to meet urgent deadlines.
Successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment, and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests, and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Wednesday, June 5, 2019