Manager of Application Support Services – DC
- Washington, DC
Manager of Application Support Services – Washington, DC
We are working with a major law firm that is seeking an experienced Manager of Application Support Services to work in its Information Resources (IRS) Department for the DC office. The Manager of Application Support Services (MASS) is responsible for designing and delivering a set of common services to standardize and streamline the application management lifecycle. These services include business analysis, requirements gathering, standards development, quality Control, Master Data Management, Batch processing, database administration, application architecture, and data integration.
The primary objectives of the MASS are to work with application teams to minimize the complexity of the environment, encourage reuse whenever possible, and enable cross team collaboration. By providing a common framework of support services, the MASS enables application teams responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting Firm’s portfolio of applications to focus on the unique business challenges. This is an Exempt position.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 7-10 years (with 3-4 years in a management capacity) of experience working with information systems and team of developers and analysts, with extensive work in a large firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
- 2-4 years of experience administering SQL Server databases and developing SQL scripts.
- 2-4 years of experience working with Integration Builder (or similar ETL tools) to exchange data between systems.
- 2-4 years of experience working with Software as a Service (Saas) providers and building data integrations between on premise applications and SasS solutions.
- 1-2 years of experience working with end users in a business analysis role to solicit and document requirements.
- Experience applying waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of architectural patterns, design patterns, and distributed architectures.
- Strong leadership and project management skills required.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills required.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience.
- Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline preferred.
- Certification in select Microsoft Cloud services is preferable.
- Position requires access to equipment, software, or technology that is subject to U.S. export controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee team of internal programming analysts and external consultants.
- Develop standards and templates for documenting each phase of the application management lifecycle (from requirements to production support).
- Build partnerships with strategic staffing solutions to augment resources as project needs arise.
- Deploy project/task management productivity tools to help leads and managers effectively capture, organize, and assign work to team members.
- Oversee database administration support function, including provisioning new databases, monitoring, tuning, patching, and executing backups and restores.
- Establish standards and procedures for administering databases across the enterprise.
- Adopt new testing tools and provide guidance for leveraging automated/repeatable/multi-use test scripts to improve quality and eliminate inefficient manual procedures.
- Adopt data integration design that maximizes reuse and consistency and uses standard ETL tools and frameworks. As appropriate, retrofit legacy integrations to adhere to new standards.
- Design and implement processes to ensure data reliability, efficiency, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure processes and procedures meet the Firm’s information security requirements and remediate deficiencies when identified.
- Assist with the design, testing, and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, March 16, 2020