Senior Litigation Paralegal - Boston, MA ($90k-$110k+)
Participates as a team member and assists attorneys and litigation technology professionals in various litigation and government enforcement matters by playing a crucial role in the work required to support the firm's clients. This position provides case project management throughout all phases of litigation. Serves as lead paralegal on large and complex cases and projects and is responsible for managing case paralegal teams. Availability for overtime and travel are required.
1. Leads a paralegal team in providing efficient and reliable matter support.
2. Creates, coordinates, implements and manages organizational tracking systems for large and complex document collection, review, analysis and case management both on and off-site.
3. Creates and utilizes procedures and systems for the organization, coordination and retrieval of electronic and paper case files.
4. Serves as a project manager and works in conjunction with litigation technology department on automated litigation support projects including creation and maintenance of databases. Understands complex database concepts and terminology.
5. Manages and utilizes automated litigation support tools, including, but not limited to, database management software (web repository or in-house), Case Notebook, CaseMap, Sanction, and trial support equipment. Experience with imaging, coding and OCR of documents.
6. Assists case team throughout discovery phase with pleading creation and preparation.
7. Prepares for and attends depositions, hearings, trials and arbitrations, as needed. Coordinates assembly of exhibits and appendices for court papers, witness sets, depositions and trials. Summarizes deposition and trial exhibits and transcripts.
8. Assists with preparation of motion practice materials including, but not limited to, cite and fact checking legal briefs, confirming proper Bluebook citation, and assembling of exhibits and appendices. E-files with courts and agencies.
9. Performs research (factual, legal, internet and other) to identify issues and relevant matters. Analyzes and reviews documents as required by attorneys specific to case issues and determines necessary information. Compiles information identified by attorneys and prepares documentation as appropriate which clearly details the findings.
10. Communicates, corresponds and interacts with clients and outside entities, such as government agencies, expert witnesses, vendors, corporations and other law firms to gather information or data.
11. Supervises and mentors junior paralegals, case assistants and temporary staff and serves as a resource on litigation and trial matters to the lawyers and staff. Creates and delivers substantive trainings for the paralegal group.
12. Creates or contributes to accurate case budgets or schedules utilizing legal project management best practices.
13. Complies with department and firm administrative procedures and policies.
14. Assists with department projects as needed and performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Paralegal Manager.
15. Responsible for billing a minimum of 1600 hours of client-related support and other credited work.
Able to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs and client information.Understands ethics of position including ethical rules in regards to confidentiality, billing and client representation and advocacy.
Must collaborate effectively and professionally with clients and all levels of personnel, including attorneys, coworkers and administrators and possess strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate to attorneys and staff.Able to manage and lead a team.
Must be a proactive, self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.Must deliver high quality work product and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.Able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately and delegate to resources available.
Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to escalate issues.
Must own professional development by seeking out feedback and learning new skills.
Must take ownership of deliverables and be accountable.
Able to effectively work in a multi-office environment and a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
Able to travel nationally and internationally on short notice.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist