IP Docketing Specialist - Kansas City
- Kansas City, MO
IP Docketing Specialist - Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Boulder, or Denver
We are working with one of the nation’s leading law firms that has an immediate opening for an experienced IP Docketing Specialist. This position could work from one of the following locations: Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Boulder, or Denver.
- Accurately docket USPTO and foreign patent and/or trademark mail in docketing system according to established procedures.
- Generate and monitor daily docket of deadlines and ensure that deadlines are met, and system is properly updated.
- Review incoming and outgoing emails/faxes/mail and update docketing systems as necessary.
- Provide assistance with overflow docketing and/or coverage as assigned by the IP Services Manager.
- Respond to requests from attorneys, technology specialists, paralegals and other IP staff.
- Assist with various docketing projects as assigned by the IP Services Manager.
- Generate reports and dockets.
- Train other docketing personnel as needed and act as a mentor to less experienced docketing personnel.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent current work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of current IP docketing experience in patent and trademark prosecution, patent post grant enforcement, trademark opposition and cancellation enforcement, domain name enforcement and copyright law.
- Strong, consistent organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and contribute to the team’s overall success.
- Intermediate to expert level computer skills including proficiency with docketing software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, in order, to communicate and work with a diverse group of attorneys and staff via telephone, e-mail, and in person.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and organization in all aspects of the position.
- Work occasionally requires more than normally scheduled work hours to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to travel to other office or client locations as needed.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Firm offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional work environment.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, February 10, 2020