Technical Service Analyst - DC
- Washington, DC
Technical Service Analyst - Washington, DC
One of our major law firms is seeking a Technical Support Analyst in its Washington, DC office. This person responds to, investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of computer users by performing the following duties. Works with other IT technical support analysts to ensure requests are handled according to IT and firm standards. Records all requests in the firm’s ticketing system and provides other status/information as requested by office and IT management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Desire to provide excellent customer service as it is paramount in this role.
- 3-5+ years experience directly providing technical support in a law firm environment.
- A working knowledge of legal applications including document management systems are also highly desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suites 2010 and above, Windows 10 and mobility hardware and software is required.
- Possessing an A+ or a similar computer certificate or degree in computer sciences is a plus.
- Additional understanding of printers, remote access tools and mobile devices are required.
- Basic understanding of network engineering and IP-based telecommunications is required.
- This position involves overtime and/or shifts on weekends or corporate holidays when necessary.
- Although an occasional requirement, the successful candidate must be willing and able to travel to and work temporarily in other offices for brief periods of time, to domestic and international offices.
- Excellent organizational skills, customer service and desk side support skills are required.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated and possess a high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking and time management skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Foster and exemplify customer-first service.
- Assist with all technical support activities for the DC Office. May be asked to assist with technical support for other regional offices as needed.
- Monitor e-mail and skype for un-ticketed user requests and incidents that were not sent via the Service Desk and ticket as appropriate.
- Work closely with other firmwide IT techs as necessary to assist them with local technical issues and take proper steps to escalate to Regional Manager or Service Desk.
- Attend bi-monthly Technical Analyst meetings and provide feedback regarding best practices, lessons learned, new troubleshooting findings or methods.
- Support off-hours needs related to moves, computer room upgrades, scheduled maintenance outages, projects and urgent user support matters.
- Assist with occasional one-on-one user training.
- Initiate, complete and follow-through with all assigned and self-generated tickets.
- Maintain IT Asset Management database to ensure it is kept current and accurate.
- Build firm standard PCs and laptops per firm guidelines.
- Organize, build and maintain proper loaner and hot-swap equipment and deliver to users on time per firm guidelines.
- Assist with maintaining printer maintenance records and inventory, swap printers as equipment reaches end of life and new equipment is received.
- Serve as a vendor contact for all printer problems.
- Provide mobile device support for iPhones, Androids, and iPads in accordance with the firm’s AirWatch program.
- Provide setup and support of remote access and two-factor authentication software (MFA).
- Advise DC IT Manager regarding any requests or incidents that should be immediately reported to his/her attention.
- Provide proper follow-up, updates and project status to the manager. Ensure proper follow-up is provided to all end users who may have reported a problem or requested technical assistance from the DC Technical Support group.
Provide assistance with audio visual/teleconferencing setups, including:
- Laptop/projector connections
- TVs, including Plasma, LCD, or LED
- Support and maintain of over 20 conference rooms including a conference center with 100 plus capacity.
- Support and setup our internal videoconference solution as well as external videoconferencing solutions such as WebEx, Skype and Zoom.
- Install and beta test new technology; assist with telecom-related issues as necessary.
- Support Wi-Fi, cellular data, laptop cards and Mi-Fi devices.
- Install and test new hardware and software technology.
- Assist with LAN cabling patching and troubleshooting; act as remote hands for network engineers.
- Complete workstation set-ups for new arrivals, visitors, etc. and complete equipment moves per schedule and at times not scheduled.
- Perform approved software installations and other tasks as requested by the Regional IT Manager or as required by customers.
- In rotation with other local IT staff, serve as 24/7 on-call emergency technician.
- Closely monitor the ChangeGear service management system to ensure assigned tickets re updated in a timely manner. Use the best business protocol for follow up communication with an end user.
- Conduct routine inspections of various IT spaces, e.g., conference rooms, visitor offices, MDF, IDF rooms.
- Quickly assess and escalate hardware and/or network problems to third level IT support groups for assistance. Proactively review current infrastructure, assert good judgment to know when to coordinate equipment replacement during repair period.
- Participate in major IT projects and rollouts, assuming a key role as directed by the Regional Manager or Director.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, August 20, 2019