Trade Compliance Associate - DC
- Washington, DC
Trade Compliance Associate - Washington, DC
One of our top law firm's is seeking a mid-level trade compliance associate with excellent academic credentials to join their highly regarded Federal Regulatory and Compliance - International Trade practice in Washington, DC. The person hired for this position will be integrated into a dynamic team and can expect to assume such responsibilities as the following.
- Managing client relationships
- Advising on compliance with US sanctions, export controls, anti-boycott regulations, Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States reviews, and related trade issues
- Collaborating with colleagues across practice groups and Firm wide
- Developing, implementing and reviewing trade compliance programs
- Conducting diligence reviews
- Reviewing, structuring and negotiating M&A deals, joint ventures, divestitures, third-party engagements, financings and capital markets transactions
- Filing licensing and advisory opinion requests
- Conducting internal investigations, filing self-disclosures, and responding to government enforcement actions
- Training clients on compliance best practices
- Supporting the practice by drafting client alerts and articles
This is a great opportunity to join a team of dedicated lawyers who are passionate about their work, and to enjoy the benefits of a global law firm.
- Has excellent written communication skills and an ability to produce written work product that is concise and effective
- Possesses strong analytical skills and thinks strategically
- Is conscientious, with a proven attention to detail
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate advice to clients and others
- Understands the importance of client service
- Embraces teamwork and works effectively with others who have different styles
- Is ambitious, exhibits leadership and motivates others
- Has a sincere interest in career development and welcomes feedback
- Is dedicated, with a record of academic and professional success
- 4-6 years of legal experience handling sanctions and export controls in a major national or international law firm is required
- Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States review experience is preferred
- Additional experience in customs/tariffs, inbound trade, and free trade agreements is a plus
- Must be admitted to state bar and/or eligible for the District of Columbia bar
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thursday, April 11, 2019