Document Support Specialist (Help Desk) – DC
- Washington, DC
Document Support Specialist (Help Desk) – Washington, DC
We are working with a major law firm that is seeking a Document Support Specialist for its Washington, DC office. The work hours for this position are Saturday - Monday 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- 2+ years of word processing experience, preferably in a law firm.
- Rapid yet accurate typing skills.
- Proofreading for quality; adherence to “DSS Quality Checklist”.
- Team player.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Flexible (ability to work overtime, including weekends, midnights, and on an as needed basis).
- Strong interest in technology and demonstrated ability to learn.
- Familiarity with document scanning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service; keeps customers updated on work in progress and completes incoming projects by requested deadlines.
- Creates, revises, and converts various types of documents such as court filings, agreements, contracts, leases, letters, memoranda, pleadings, etc. using Microsoft Office and other tools such as Workshare Compare.
- Conducts document quality review procedures for accuracy to produce accurate work of the highest quality in a timely fashion.
- Maintains document tracking and completion estimates on all documents which have been submitted as they are received and update status.
- Scans materials and performs document clean up and formatting.
- Ensures documents are accurate (using spell checking and light proofreading) and are consistently formatted and professional in appearance.
- Prepares court filings, including e-filings.
- Transcribes tapes and digital audio and video recordings.
- Performs data entry into various applications, performs mail merges, and assists with mass mailings.
- Works with lawyers, paralegals, secretaries, and other departments such as LSS, IRS, Marketing, Mail Services, Duplicating, Purchasing, and Supplies to complete projects while providing excellent customer service.
- Prepares documents for transmission by regular mail, Federal Express, messenger, air courier, facsimile, or e-mail; arranges for messengers and courier services; and transmits documents via fax and email.
- Creates, maintains, and distributes Firm's phone, office and social directories.
- Provides technical support (via remote control or in-person) to the Firm regarding document formatting questions.
- Stays current with technology and actively learns new software and other tools maintaining expert level in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, DocXTools, Excel, and other Firm software.
- Assists with training new Document Specialists and other personnel as assigned.
- Copies/burns CDs and DVDs.
- Fills in for other department members when they are absent as needed and assigned, in order to maintain service levels of the department.
- Provides remote support during office emergencies.
- Builds strong working relationships with Human Resources partners, Accounting, and points of contact with our respective vendors.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, November 18, 2019