Accounts Payable Specialist - Washington, DC
- Washington, DC
Accounts Payable (Staff Accountant) - Washington, DC
We are working with a great AmLaw 100 Law Firm that is seeking an Accounts Payable Staff Account to joint their dynamic team.
The Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable position is responsible for auditing, recording and processing firm invoices and employee expense reports ensuring adherence to firm policy and client guidelines. In addition, the position prepares and process checks and electronic payments to vendors and employees .Set-up and validate vendors during the supplier on boarding process. This position also helps research and provide backup documentation to others within the organization in accordance with the clients guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup and validate the Firm's vendors during the supplier on boarding process.
- Maintain 1099 database in the Accounting software and communicate with vendors to obtain proper documentation as necessary.
- Audit expense reports to ensure compliance with firm policies and evaluate. appropriate account and matter coding.
- Audit vendor invoices for firm compliance and evaluate appropriate account and matter coding.
- Evaluate sales and use tax payable on invoices.
- Resolve reconciling items when needed, work with the GL and billing team, and participate in providing documentation for the annual audit.
- Respond to vendor and internal inquiries regarding vendor and employee payment status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of attorneys and staff.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle pressure situations; meet deadlines and have a complete understanding of accounts payable and its impact on other functions within the Accounting Department and the Firm.
- Effective research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Chrome River and 3E accounting system database a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
www.alchemylegalrecruiting.com• [email protected]
Thursday, January 3, 2019