Legal Secretary - LA
- Los Angeles, CA
Legal Secretary (Private Client & Tax) - Los Angeles, CA
The legal secretary is responsible for providing a broad range of secretarial and administrative support to fee-earners, administrative personnel and clients. This role is resident the Los Angeles office and is assigned to the Private Client & Tax Practice Group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drafts letters and documents; collects and analyzes information; prepares charts, graphs, and other visuals.
- Supports fee-earners and clients by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Maintains attorneys' calendars by scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Maintains hard copy and electronic filing system (FileSite/iManage).
- Schedules meetings with internal and external participants, and arranges conference rooms.
- Communicates and obtains information from/for internal and external clients.
- Inputs attorney time into timekeeping software.
- Prepares Chrome River reimbursement reports for assigned fee-earners.
- Coordinates monthly billing process between accounting and assigned partner(s). This includes preparation of draft and final client invoices and transmittal of same.
- Supports the New Client Intake process which includes the conflicts check, matter details and Engagement Letter preparation.
- Assists with providing coverage to reception as scheduled by the Office Manager.
- Operates office equipment including photocopy machine and scanner when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Must possess strong technical skills, with solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint as well as programs such as FileSite/iManage and Elite.
- Strong communication skills: the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style. Ability to compose correspondence as needed.
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Knowledge of library operations and records storage procedures for retrieving materials and files.
- Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to the areas of assignment.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work both as a team as well as independently.
- California Notary strongly preferred.
- 3+ years as a secretary or administrative professional, preferably in a law firm though experience in other professional service industries (engineering firms, accounting firms, architectural firms, etc) is required.
- 2+ years of legal industry experience, preferably within a midsized or large law firm’s private client/corporate tax practice group. Experience with private client or corporate groups is also welcome
- Previous experience supporting at least one partner/high level manager in a legal or professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Saturday, September 28, 2019