BILLING AND COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST - HARTFORD, CT
We are looking for a talented individual with 5 or more years of experience working with attorneys from the point of bill creation to collections. This is a fast paced, deadline driven position, requiring excellent client service skills with both attorneys and clients, as required. This individual must have the ability to identify priorities, be flexible to meet daily changing demands, work independently and proactively support team members, if assistance is needed.
· Solid understanding of billing and collections, electronic billing processes and rate structures
· Experience with and ability to work with various technologies
· Monitor and work directly with attorneys on unbilled time, costs, and collection of accounts receivable
· Document client activity and collection efforts.
· Serve as Firm Ambassador in responding to client inquiries and facilitating collection efforts
· Analyze and document specific client billing agreements and alternative fee arrangements
· Maintain records related to client billing guidelines, agreements and collections
· Adhere to firm billing and collection policies
· Communicate clearly with internal and external clients, written and verbally, on billing or collection of accounts receivable
· Respond to attorney inquiries regarding unbilled inventory as well as billing and payment historical data
· Research and provide direction on resolving billing and payment issues
· Identify short paid invoices, billed electronically, and reconciliation
· Issue monthly client Statements of Account
· Cross train with other team members to assist with coverage
· Assist with hotline and e-mail inbox requests
· Train new attorneys and legal assistants on inventory processes and billing software
· 5 + years of experience in legal industry with a solid knowledge of billing and collections preferably with Aderant Expert Software, and various electronic billing vendors, such as TyMetrix and Serengeti
· Experienced in Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel (including, but not limited to, using functions, formatting spreadsheets and pivot tables)
· Familiar with MS Outlook
· Electronic filing of work to align with the Firm’s green initiative to reduce paper
· Ability to work independently and with the team
· Ability to prioritize rush requests and resolve quickly
· Meet month-end and year-end deadlines
· Attention to details and work product accuracy
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement