ITC Case Manager - DC
- Washington, DC
ITC Case Manager – Washington, DC
We are working with one of the world’s leading and largest intellectual property law firms that is seeking an ITC Case Manager. The ITC Case Manager will support the Litigation Legal Assistant staff and attorneys by facilitating case administration and workflow management of projects relating to assigned cases. This position will focus on the International Trade Commission (“ITC”) investigations and related matters while delegating assignments, managing resources and monitoring performance to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the life-cycle of assigned cases, and advise on best practices relating to document production, workflow management and the case team.
- Organize, review, and maintain documents and case files, as well as compile documents for filing at courts and agencies, including the International Trade Commission (“ITC”).
- Lead team in in all aspects of the litigation process and provide training for legal assistants and litigation clerks.
Interact with internal departments and vendors regarding technology/software issues, database customization and electronic productions.
- Serve as lead in document collection and projects relating to privilege and redaction logs.
- Coordinate trial preparation; attend trial and provide support to attorneys at court and agency hearings.
- Serve as point person between case teams and attorneys; appropriately delegate work to junior legal assistants on the case teams and coordinate their activities to accomplish deposition and witness interview preparation goals.
- Help attorneys to manage billable work time required by the case teams to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective support; including monitoring and managing workloads to minimize unnecessary overtime.
- Collect documents and data, conduct fact investigations and assist with witness interviews.
- Manage document collections and ensure appropriate handling of electronic discovery materials and compliance with legal discovery obligations.
- Facilitate orderly case administration and reporting through implementation of internal matter management tools and systems, taking the lead in working with attorneys in the preparation and filing of all court documents.
- Collaborate with eDiscovery team and case managers to support overall department goals and objectives as needed.
- Other assigned duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of extensive litigation experience with ITC filings, proceedings, procedures, rules and guideline processes of the International Trade Commission (“ITC”).
- Previous trial and case management experience and strong cite checking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Westlaw.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including strong knowledge of Adobe Acrobat to include redacting and redlining expertise) and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources is required.
- Must be detail-oriented and extremely accurate, work well under pressure and without direct supervision, meet frequent deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks, strong oral and written communication (including spelling and grammar) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle changing assignments and priorities and the willingness to learn and acquire advanced duties is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, November 18, 2019