Patent Litigation Secretary- San Diego, California
The primary responsibility of the Legal Practice Assistant is to provide highly varied and complex administrative support, with minimal supervision, to designated attorneys, other Legal Practice Assistants, and to the firm and the firm’s clients. In addition, as a member of the Major law firm professional support staff team, this position is also responsible for promoting and maintaining the goodwill and reputation of the firm. In this capacity, the Legal Practice Assistant is expected to maintain the highest level of professional conduct and confidentiality.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Proactively maintain overview of timekeepers' workload and caseload; anticipate next steps and implement follow-up procedures to ensure each task is appropriately tracked and carried through to completion.
• Create, edit, revise, redline, and/or proofread documents from dictation, handwritten, typed, and/or electronic copy.
• Maintain timekeepers' calendars of meetings and business trips, using current software applications, and apprise them of responsibilities in advance of commitment.
• File paper and electronic documents with appropriate courts and agencies and ensure proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
• Receive, screen, and transmit telephone and conference calls in a professional manner and take accurate telephone messages for timekeepers, clients, and staff as required.
• Process and route incoming mail, faxes, and electronic communications upon receipt.
• Prepare outgoing mail (including boxes/packages for shipment) for prompt delivery, arranging for messenger services as needed to meet deadlines.
• Coordinate with docketing specialist, including review of docketing reports for accuracy of dates, to ensure court or agency documents/actions for legal proceedings meet firm docketing requirements.
• Coordinate preliminary conflicts checks with Professional Standards to ensure attorney and firm ability to represent requesting party.
• Prepare new client/matter intake forms and engagement letter.
• Assist with billing process, including daily time entry- entering, proofreading, spell checking, and releasing - distribute monthly proformas, and review and edit proformas, and prepare final with cover letter.
• Prepare accounting documents as required, including check requests, expense and travel reimbursement requests, and trust documents.
• Coordinate client/attorney/administrative conferences, meetings, and appointments for timekeepers and clients, including conference room scheduling, scheduling visitor offices, meals and preparation of materials.
• Coordinate travel arrangements, securing air, hotel, and car plans for timekeepers.
• Set up and maintain administrative and client files; file electronic and/or paper documents and information promptly and accurately, maintain file organization and updated indices (office dependent).
• Coordinate absences within workgroups; proactively provide assistance to timekeepers in the absence of the regular Legal Practice Assistant, and, when time permits, to other Legal Practice Assistants.
Specific Skills Required:
Education & Experience:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations. Thank you!