Business Development Manager, International Arbitration (NY or D.C.)
Major law firm is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our long history as an international firm means we are perfectly placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they may be.
With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. We are distinguished by our on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and our strengths in handling complex cross-border work.
It’s not just about our global network of offices; it’s the global interconnectedness of the Firm that our people, and our clients, value most. We work well together across geographic and practice boundaries. It’s one of the reasons we attract and retain cross-border work. And why we attract a diverse group of people.
Our lawyers are globally minded, enterprising, collaborative and committed to excellence. Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 90 nationalities and speak 80 languages.
The primary focus of the role is to support the International Arbitration Practice with all aspects of marketing and business development activities to drive forward specific aspects of the Americas regional business plan and the International Arbitration business plan, including developing and implementing product and sector specific marketing strategies and plans.
Primary responsibilities of the role are varied and will include, but are not limited to:
· Take a lead role in the preparation of pitches, proposals, capability statements and other client presentations;
· Manage the legal directories process including drafting submissions (Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, GAR 100 etc.), league tables and award entries;
· Provide strategic advice and day-to-day support to the leaders of the International Arbitration practice (primarily New York and Washington, DC) on a wide range of BD initiatives to ensure all BD activity is aligned to the Practice, regional and industry group business plans;
· Implement and execute a range of targeting and cross-selling initiatives and campaigns including seminars, conference sponsorships and thought leadership;
· Work with the knowledge team to develop and manage campaigns and client alerts, including the Practice’s client contact lists;
· Support the Section and Practice Priority Client and Sector programs, ensuring execution of plans, effective reporting and tangible return on investment;
· Prepare and monitor the Practice’s marketing budget;
· Maintain lawyers’ biographies and databases to ensure matters are correctly profiled and entered into the Firm’s Matter Profile System database, and opportunities are captured in the Firm’s CRM database;
· Provide strategic support for client and peer events;
· Work with the PR team to identify profile raising and media opportunities;
· Manage the Practice’s profile and presence on the Firm’s intranet and website;
· Contribute to the Practice’s global internal bulletins and to other firm marketing reports;
· Facilitate the sharing of information with marketing colleagues in other offices and practices; and
· Other ad hoc projects as required.
· Graduate with relevant and in-depth business development experience in a professional services firm, or other experience in the field of international arbitration.
· Relevant marketing or legal post graduate qualification.
Essential Job Requirements:
· Prior experience in or knowledge of international arbitration.
· Excellent communication skills – written and oral – and ability to work at all levels.
· Track record of delivering pitches and proposals.
· Attention to detail.
· Flexible, committed and enthusiastic.
· Impactful and assertive.
· Good systems and database skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM applications.
· Client-focused approach.
· Creative and strategic mindset.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Project management experience.
· Native English speaker; Spanish language capabilities highly desirable
· Used to working in an international environment.
· Team player.
Location and Reporting:
· This role may be based in either the New York or Washington D.C. office.
· This role reports to Global Head, International Arbitration Practice Group and Director of Business Development, Disputes & Competition
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement