Marketing Manager - Washington, DC
- Washington, DC
One of our AmLaw 100 firms is seeking a Marketing Manager for their Washington, D.C. office.
The Marketing Manager will support the marketing, client service and business development efforts for the Intellectual Property Practice by increasing visibility, awareness, and business development coordination. This position will collaborate with others in the marketing department to provide efficient and effective client service. They may supervise other marketing staff.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Build and sustain “trusted marketing adviser” relationships with all internal clients and stakeholders.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of assigned practice groups by tracking market (including key clients), competitive, and business intelligence using various tools and leveraging internal and external resources.
- Work with assigned leaders to develop marketing and business development plans in alignment with the firm’s growth priorities. Collaborate with the broader marketing team to execute on identified initiatives as defined in the marketing and business development plans. Monitor and report progress on the plans against defined metrics.
- Respond to related surveys, drafting nominations, and supporting the PR team for earned media opportunities. Supporting client updates and other communications.
- Identify, plan and execute client-related events, tradeshows, and sponsorships.
- Supporting cross selling initiatives.
- Manage budgets related to marketing expenses and gain required approvals as necessary.
- Working in conjunction with the Proposals Team to provide subject matter expertise for RFPs, pitches, and statements of qualifications.
- Collaborate across the Marketing Department to ensure transparency, knowledge-sharing, increased team efficiencies, and to maximize the firm’s resources.
Specific Skills Required:
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent customer service skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills to efficiently manage multiple projects and meet the needs of key stakeholders.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel and diplomatically interact with difficult personalities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- General understanding of the law profession business model.
- Problem solver. Successful team player. Strong people skills.
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; advanced degree (MS, MA, MBA, JD or other relevant graduate degree) highly desirable. Prior experience working with Intellectual Property is a plus.
- A minimum of six years of experience in legal services is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
Saturday, January 5, 2019