Human Resources Manager - Redwood Shores
- Redwood City, CA
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER – SILICON VALLEY (Redwood Shores, CA)
Major law firm seeks the best and brightest talent to join our Administrative Staff team. Our employees are the future of Major law firm so we invest in their training and development. Our environment embraces and encourages positive-minded professionals who seek to be challenged and acquire knowledge and skills in an atmosphere built on teamwork. Highly skilled and knowledgeable Administrative Staff assist our attorneys in successfully meeting and exceeding client needs and are vital to the overall success of the Firm.
Responsible for managing overall HR processes including staff recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, employee relations, counseling, and programs designed to increase employee satisfaction. This position partners with New York benefits department to act as liaison for local benefit administration, leaves of absence, worker’s compensation and other administrative matters. Manages one HR Assistant and the secretarial and document processing staff.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
- Manage recruiting and hiring process for non-legal staff.
- Organize and coordinate new employee orientation for attorneys and staff, and coordinate timely completion of necessary paperwork.
- Partner with New York benefits department, act as local benefits liaison and resource for FMLA, CFRA, PDL, FEHA, ADA, and other leaves of absence and track all requests.
- Educate managers and supervisors in the areas of employee selection, onboarding, training and development, and performance management.
- Stay abreast of changing salaries; prepare and submit information for salary surveys as needed.
- Assist in rollout of staff training programs, and assist in design as needed.
- Work with managers and supervisors to identify and solve employee relations and/or employee satisfaction issues.
- Manage and coach one HR Assistant, and the secretarial and document processing staff, on the approval of time off requests (PTO) and weekly timesheets. Ensure all positions are staffed on a daily basis, regulate workflow and allocate resources as needed.
- Review local timesheet submissions for errors and accuracy and perform monthly audit of all staff timecards to ensure compliance with local and state regulations.
- Liaise with immigration attorney for employees requiring sponsorships (H1B, TN, green card).
- Coordinate the performance management process working with managers, supervisors and attorneys. Review staff evaluations for fairness and accuracy, and participate in meetings with under-performing employees.
- Working with the local Director of Administration, Director of Human Resources or other senior managers, counsel managers, supervisors and staff in performance and behavioral issues.
- Coordinate employee terminations, including documentation, benefits and payroll.
- Under direction of the Director of Human Resources or other senior managers and the local Director of Administration, investigate and assist in response to employee complaints for harassment, discrimination, unfair treatment or violations of firm policy, as well as administrative matters such as EEOC, ADA, CFRA, FEHA, worker’s compensation and unemployment.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Develop and manage the Silicon Valley office Human Resources expense budget.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and concerns from attorneys, management, and staff.
- Serve as liaison for Diversity and Inclusion and Wellness efforts.
- Oversee events such as staff appreciation week, diversity and wellness events, celebrations, etc.
- Assist with special projects or other requirements.
- Travel to other offices as needed.
Major law firm offers a competitive compensation package comprised of base pay and discretionary year-end bonus for eligible employees. Benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, flexible spending plan and a 401K plan. Major law firm also offers generous paid time off and holidays. All decisions affecting employment at Major law firm are made on the basis of qualification, performance and other pertinent work-related factors, and without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
To view all of our open positions:
Monday, March 11, 2019