Account Receivables Specialist - DC
- Washington, DC
Accounts Receivable Specialist – Washington, DC
The Washington, DC office of one of the world’s leading and largest intellectual property law firms, is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our dynamic financial services department. The person in this role will proactively seek the required data to collect, monitor, ensure accuracy and reconcile client accounts.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Monitoring the processing of and adjustments to electronic invoices by utilizing various electronic billing systems and eHub.
- Resolving rejections, gathering information and documentation requested by clients to ensure payment.
- Working with the billing dept. to successfully resubmit invoices, preparing and sending monthly statements to clients, providing data as requested for preparation of reports and forecast projections.
- Interacting with clients and applicable departments to resolve payment discrepancies including follow-up to obtain client posting and refund instructions, and recommending accounts for write-off.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years’ (3-20 years) experience in accounts receivable/collections, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Or in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in law firm accounts receivable/collections is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel) are required; familiarity with Excel features such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP functionality is a plus.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, strict attention to detail, the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities, work well under pressure, meet frequent deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, October 15, 2019