Major law firm currently has an excellent opportunity for a Technology Companies Group Paralegal to be located in one of our US offices.
Los Angeles BLX
Major law firm is again one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, the annual list that recognizes companies with extraordinary workplace cultures. Selected among hundreds of companies that Fortune considered this year, Major law firm is one of only five law firms to make the 2018 list.
As a Corporate Paralegal, you will support the delivery of quality legal services to clients by performing technical and clerical tasks that require accuracy, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills and computer proficiency. You will have representative duties which include the organization and maintenance of various corporate entities such as corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships.
You will perform a wide array of tasks, including but not limited to:
• Establish the corporate name, obtain the EIN, prepare organizational documents and coordinate execution and subsequent filing in proper jurisdiction
• Prepare entity qualification or registration forms for foreign jurisdictions
• You will prepare and maintain minute books and capitalization tables
• Use capitalization management software to maintain capitalization records of clients
• Assist in drafting employment, purchase and option agreements, stock plans and other related documents
• Research and figure out filing, recording and notary procedures required in the locality where the project is located
• Prepare and file necessary state and federal forms and reports with appropriate governmental entities
• Assist with liquidations and dissolutions of companies and other entities
• You will assist in the research of state statutes for corporate filings
• Obtain documents from Secretary of State offices and Franchise Tax Board
• Assist in closings by preparing and gathering closing materials and attending the pre-closings and closing
• You will help in drafting and reviewing routine transactional documents, e.g., signature pages, officer's certificates and, correspondence with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors.
We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
• A bachelor’s degree is required, and a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved training program is preferable but not required
• At least 3 years Major law firm equivalent experience
• Demonstrates good organization, verbal and written communication skills, plus exhibits aptitude to develop specific and detailed knowledge and understanding of complex issues and procedures
• Shown ability to delegate appropriate tasks and offer mentorship to other firm resources
• Strong time management skills, and ambition to work in a dynamic, shared environment are essential
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and any practice-related software
• An understanding of Delaware General Corporate Law, New York Business Corporate Law and California Corporations Code
• Significant substantive working knowledge of the procedures, terminology and documents relating to the formation of a variety of corporate entities. May be required to be licensed as a Notary Public in the appropriate jurisdiction.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations).
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.