Application Development Manager - DC
- Washington, DC
Application Development Manager (Collaboration/DMS) - Washington, DC
We are working with a top AmLaw 100 law firm that seeks a highly motivated and experienced Application Development Manager to join its DC office. The Manager of Application Development is responsible for the full application lifecycle. This position oversees the specification, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and daily operational support of all aspects of the Firm’s collaboration and work product management solutions and several other systems, including but not limited to Sharepoint, the Firm’s document management system, and HRIS.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 7-10 years of experience managing information systems and team of developers, with extensive work in a large Firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
- Substantial experience in design and architecture of on-premises SharePoint environments.
- Strong background leading Document Management System (DMS) support, particularly iManage. Experience with Workday and building/supporting data integrations between Workday and other systems.
- Experience with cloud ecosystems incorporating Office365, Office2016, Skype for Business, Teams, and mobile devices.
- Strong background in DirSync, identity management, and Active Directory and ADFS authentication.
- Demonstrated experience improving the user experience preferably in a professional services firm.
- Experience applying waterfall and agile methodologies in developing customs solutions as needed.
- Strong leadership and project management skills required.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills required.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience. Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline preferred.
- Certification in select Microsoft Cloud services is preferable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide new application solutions to lawyers and staff to enable improved collaboration, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Manage technology operations to function smoothly and economically with primary emphasis on business effectiveness, availability, stability, and reliability.
- Oversee workload of staff; develop, mentor, and motivate a team of junior and senior developers with diverse mix of skill sets and experience.
- Facilitate teamwork with technology personnel from other groups in IT, vendors, and integrators in the delivery of systems and integrated software applications.
- Monitor industry trends and anticipate changes to how application solutions are implemented and deployed Firm-wide.
- Prepare input to the annual operating and capital budgets and recommend long-range and annual technology plans.
- Design application architecture that enhances internal and external collaboration.
- Develop measures and plans to continuously improve the user experience.
- Develop and execute project management plans to achieve desired time lines as systems and programs are selected, purchased, installed, and/or further developed.
- Recommend and implement best practices, processes, and procedures related to all aspects of application development.
- Ensure applications meet the Firm’s information security requirements and remediate deficiencies when identified.
- Proactively apply quality management, change control, risk mitigation, and customer satisfaction control procedures.
- Assist with the design, testing, and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements.
- Promote unparalleled customer service to our lawyers and clients.
- Communicate complex system information and ideas effectively and efficiently to lawyers, managers, and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, July 16, 2019