Patent Paralegal - DC
- Washington, DC
IP Patent Paralegal - Washington, DC
We're working with a top law firm that has a new opening for an IP Patent Paralegal in its DC office. Position will be responsible for the creation, revision, and filing of prosecution documents. The position requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of analytical thinking and problem solving skills. A working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment is a must. Strong customer service orientation and oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with all tiers of personnel and clients are essential.
- Support various intellectual property attorneys to provide excellent service to our clients
- Prepare and file patent applications and other responses
- Prepare basic U.S., provisional, non-provisional, convention and design application documents, including transmittals, Application Data Sheet and drawings
- Review and maintain a docket for timely reporting of communications to the client and foreign associates
- Timely handling of various prosecution formalities
- Complete basic formality documents for national filing requirements, including Powers of Attorney, assignments, and inventor declarations
- Complete legalization of documents, as required; order priority documents and assignments from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; obtain foreign priority documents
- Review Notices of Allowance, prepare corresponding checklist, and report to client
- Consistently achieve 1500 billable hour requirement (including approved non-billable time)
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent), college degree and/or a paralegal certificate preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in international and/or U.S. prosecution
- Thorough knowledge of patent procedural requirements and USPTO practices required
- Accurate minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, March 9, 2020