Business Development Manager – Proposals & Training, Washington DC M
- Washington, DC
Business Development Manager – Proposals & Training, Washington DC
Marketing and Business Development Department
Summary: The Business Development Manager for proposals and training is a key member of the Firm’s Marketing and Business Development (BD) Department. This role provides leadership and drives the strategy and execution of Firm-wide Response for Proposals (RFP) responses, team processes, and other major Firm-wide and business development initiatives. While the proposal/BD manager’s primary responsibility is managing the Firm-wide response to RFIs and RFPs from inception to final product, this role provides the opportunity to participate and have a leading role in a number of interesting and important BD activities including the development of our marketing training curriculum. This role supervises a Business Development Specialist and Business Development Coordinator.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in professional services marketing and business development. Previous law Firm experience is highly desirable.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative.
- Experience supervising a direct report is a plus.
- Ability to provide consistent and high-quality work product under tight deadlines and other pressures while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Experience and facility with information technology and software for marketing the practice group, including website, databases, and knowledge management tools.
- Lead the process for responding to Firm-wide RFPs/RFIs including, leading kick off meetings and “go/no go” discussions, participating in strategy sessions, drafting targeted, high-quality content, and updating and managing responses to questions about the Firm.
- Build strong and cooperative relationships with other departments that contribute to RFPs, such as pricing, accounting, the Office of General Counsel, IT, and others.
- Coach and prepare lawyers for client pitches and presentations.
- Manage and improve the Firm’s proposal and pitch tracking database.
- Work with the business development team to ensure lawyers participate in post-RFP evaluations to obtain feedback.
- Based on RFP results, look for new areas of growth and proactively help develop a strategy for identifying pursuits.
- Work with senior BD team members and other stakeholders to develop and manage business development training for lawyers.
- Help build a department wide marketing staff training program, including a syllabus of helpful and required reading for various positions and responsibilities.
- Manage, track, and analyze client preferred provider arrangements (PPAs) to ensure maximization of opportunity.
- Support Relationship Management client planning and execution.
- Manage, update, and implement orientation/integration training for new BD team members.
Systems and Processes
- Refine use of business development tracking and reporting to facilitate and enhance business development activities.
- Support the implementation and continued development of Firm-wide, centralized experience database.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
Reports To: Director of Business Development Americas and Asia
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
To view all of our open positions:
Monday, December 3, 2018