Marketing and Business Development Manager – Dallas, Texas
We are working with a full-service law firm with offices in Dallas and Houston. Formed in 1992 with five lawyers, today the firm employs more than 65 attorneys. The Firm provides professional services for clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to medium-sized public and private companies to entrepreneurs. The firm handles transactional, litigation and bankruptcy matters in Texas and throughout the country.
The success of their Firm is largely determined by their commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides their clients with the highest quality of work and service. They are driven by the core values and commitment to their legacy plan.
The firm is seeking a Marketing and Business Development Manager to join their team. The Marketing and Business Development Manager will play a large role to (1) create strategic business development and marketing plans and execute action items to achieve goals; (2) implement a comprehensive content marketing strategy across all digital and offline channels; (3) work with lawyers to prepare pitches for new business, as well as respond to requests for information and proposals; and (4) promote the visibility of the Firm among existing and prospective clients.
Duties & Responsibilities :
• Develop thorough knowledge and understanding the Firm’s practice, its attorneys, client base, systems and procedures
• Research and identify future marketing opportunities for the Firm and its attorneys
• Develop and execute Firm social media presence
• Lead the development and implementation of all Firm, practice group and individual attorney marketing and business development plans
• Oversee and administer Firm marketing budgets and expenses
• Maintain Firm website and Internet presence, including content marketing strategy
• Build and enhance the Firm’s brand and reputation with key audiences, including clients, prospective clients and referral sources
• Oversee media outreach, including by-lined articles and press releases
• Research and identify opportunities for the Firm and its attorneys to become involved and active
• Oversee and approve all sponsorships and charitable contributions
• Oversee and approve all advertising, including law firm and lawyer rankings and directories
• Assist with the onboarding of new attorneys and support staff
• Provide periodic reports to Firm leadership about the Firm’s marketing and business development program
• Build and maintain up-to-date client database for all key contacts of the Firm
• Identify and support speaking and writing opportunities for the Firm and its attorneys
• Manage and oversee all Firm marketing seminars and events
• Assist in developing and presenting proposals and responding to RFPs
• Develop and implement effective marketing and business development training and development programs, including social media policy and training
• Provide individual partner and associate support in marketing and business development on a regular and ongoing basis
• Attend and participate in Firm meetings to present business development topics
• Five or more years of experience in marketing/business development, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Journalism, communications or marketing major preferred.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal relations, written and verbal communication skills
• Marketing, PR, social media and management experience
• Works well under pressure, excellent problem-solver and team player
• Capacity to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels in the organization
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist