IP Supervisor - DC
- Washington, DC
Intellectual Property Supervisor – Washington, DC ($87k-$122k DOE)
We are working with a leading Intellectual Property law firm that is seeking an experienced Intellectual Property Supervisor for its Washington, DC office. The Intellectual Property Supervisor oversees the workflow assignment for the Intellectual Property (IP) Prosecution, Transactions & Strategy support staff. This role develops and implements departmental best practices to align with filing regulations established by the U.S. Patent Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Supervise the workflow and performance of the Intellectual Property Specialists and IP Clerks, including providing ongoing performance feedback and participating in the annual staff performance evaluation process as well as new hire evaluations.
- Establish, implement, and enforce standard operating procedures and workflows along with IP Manager.
- Evaluate staff productivity.
- Monitor approve/disapprove, and address overtime requests based on necessity.
- Review and approve patent applications prior to issuance.
- Prepare and file new and continuation applications as needed.
- Research IP patent prosecution laws, regulations, and fees and advise attorneys and staff regarding regulation changes.
- Maintain and update docket for assigned cases.
- Monitor billing requirements and goals for IP Specialist and meet regularly with them regarding their goals.
- Handle personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Review finals docket to make sure all final deadlines are addressed at the end of each day.
- Train new staff and provide ongoing training for current staff as needed.
- Coordinate with other IP Supervisors across the firm for work and backup purposes.
- At least 10+ years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Knowledge US and Foreign IP laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Patent and Trademark preferred.
- Knowledge of IP Docketing software, Inprotech preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thursday, October 3, 2019