Jr. Construction Litigation Paralegal - Oakland
- Oakland, CA
Jr. Construction Litigation Paralegal - Oakland, CA
We are working with a mid-sized law firm that seeks a Jr. Construction Litigation Paralegal. This is a nonexempt position reporting to the Director of Administration and is located in the Firm’s Oakland office. This position will be assigned to the Construction & Facilities Practice Group and will be responsible for providing Firm attorneys with the full range of litigation paralegal support.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with attorneys and team members to oversee case management as directed;
- Draft and review legal documents;
- Maintain case files and update discovery logs and indices;
- Organize and maintain master documents, document lists, and document databases;
- Support and manage document productions;
- Assist with deposition and hearing preparation, including identifying and gathering exhibit documents and creating witness outlines;
- Cite-check briefs;
- Draft and arrange for service of subpoenas;
- Obtain case-related documents informally from third parties;
- Monitor pending decisions and conduct legal research;
- Assist with document review and coordinate with Litigation Support Group for back-end database management using Concordance;
- Perform litigation support duties such as Bates stamping exhibits, preparing spreadsheets and CDs, hyperlinking PDFs, reviewing litigation dockets, and ensuring that dates are calendared correctly;
- Satisfy an annual 1575 billable hour budget;
- Complete in a timely manner both (1) daily, accurate, and detailed billable-time entries and (2) time cards;
- Maintain regular, reliable, and punctual on-site attendance;
- Work overtime hours as needed;
- Maintain composure and work efficiently and accurately during stressful, high-energy circumstances involving frequently changing priorities;
- Demonstrate excellent customer support;
- Work cordially, cooperatively and productively with Firm employees; and
- Maintain a professional network and key resource contacts.
- Other functions as assigned.
- Ability to work and bill as a paralegal under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code section 6450;
- A bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 1-5+ years' of experience working as a paralegal with a law firm or in-house legal department;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite 2016;
- Understanding and knowledge of legal procedures, rules of counsel, and local rules;
- Experience with eDiscovery;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and respond quickly to changing priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work well under stress;
- Strong analytical thinking skills;
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction; and
- Ability to effectively function in a team environment, including but not limited to the ability to be open minded, cordial and cooperative with Firm employees.
- Construction industry experience and/or work in a construction related legal practice;
- Prior experience with Concordance (or other eDiscovery software), LiveNote, and Adobe Acrobat Pro XI;
- Strong legal research database skills and experience with Westlaw and/or Lexis;
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, November 19, 2019