Corporate Secretary - New York, NY (probably $70k-$85k+)
Job title: Legal Secretary
Office Location: New York
Practice Group: Corporate and Commercial
Reporting to: Assigned Fee-Earners and Office Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt, 35 Hour Work Week
The legal secretary position at international law firm is responsible for providing a broad range of secretarial and administrative support to fee-earners, administrative personnel and clients. This role is resident the New York office and is assigned to the Corporate and Commercial Practice Group.
• Drafts letters and documents; collects and analyzes information; prepares charts, graphs, and other visuals.
• Supports fee-earners and clients by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents.
• Maintains attorneys' calendars by scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
• Maintains hard copy and electronic filing system (FileSite/iManage).
• Schedules meetings with internal and external participants, and arranges conference rooms.
• Communicates and obtains information from/for internal and external clients.
• Inputs attorney time into timekeeping software.
• Prepares Chrome River reimbursement reports for assigned fee-earners.
• Coordinates monthly billing process between accounting and assigned partner(s). This includes preparation of draft and final client invoices and transmittal of same.
• Supports the New Client Intake process which includes the conflicts check, matter details and Engagement Letter preparation.
• Assists with providing coverage to reception as scheduled by the Office Manager, and to additional attorneys as needed.
• Operates office equipment including photocopy machine and scanner when needed.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and firm matters.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Specific Skills Required
1. Must possess strong technical skills, with solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint as well as programs such as FileSite/iManage and Elite.
2. Strong communication skills: the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style. Ability to compose correspondence as needed.
3. Interpersonal skills: the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues.
4. Knowledge of library operations and records storage procedures for retrieving materials and files.
5. Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to the areas of assignment.
6. Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
7. Ability to work both as a team as well as independently.
Experience and Education Required
• 3+ years as a secretary or administrative assistant in a professional service industry, preferably in a law firm's corporate or transactional practice group.
• High School diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Notary preferred but not required.
Billables about 1,700 and salary around $100k-$120k+
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
To view all of our open positions: