Family Law Associate Attorney - Parsippany, NJ
- Parsippany, NJ
Family Law Associate Attorney - Parsippany, NJ (1,550 billables, or can have higher salary for 1,800 billables)
We are seeking a New Jersey family law attorney with a minimum of 3+ years of experience. We ideally need someone who can take a case a run with it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
- Manages the tasks and events successfully throughout their clients’ matters
- Maintains professional empathy for their clients, including through changing levels of emotion and complexity
- Gathers evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal action.
- Conducts research, interviews clients, and witnesses and handles other details in preparation for trial.
- Prepares legal briefs, motions and all court documents; and develops strategy, arguments and testimony in preparation for presentation of case.
- Represents client in court, and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Confers with colleagues with specialty in area of lawsuit to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings.
- Performs Marketing/Networking activities to attract new clients
- Continually develops closing skills to retain new clients.
Meets or exceeds minimum receipts, minimum hours and tracks all non-billable hours
Participates in the selling of retained legal services, the contracting process for agreed services and the local business development/networking opportunities
Interprets laws, ruling and regulations, draws up legal documents, advises clients as to legal rights, and practices other phases of law and mentors others in their development of legal practices
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Industry Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professional Empathy – Exhibits appropriate levels of emotional intelligence in dealing with their clients and their team; sees opportunities to mitigate rising pressure in daily performance to facilitate well-being in their client service and working relationships.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (origination bonuses, annual bonuses, etc.)
Prestigious Law Firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
Thursday, March 16, 2023