Litigation Support Analyst - Boston
- Boston, MA
Litigation Support Analyst- (Boston, MA)
- Provide hands-on operational litigation technology support including but not limited to projects such as database creation and maintenance; importing images, data and transcripts into databases; searching data; exporting data; reformatting and converting data; designing forms and reports; e-discovery processes; and scanning, OCR, and coding.
- Recommends support solutions.
- Databases and applications utilized include: Concordance, Concordance DT, Case Notebook, CaseMap, Trial Director, LAW, EDA and Summation.Verify data integrity.
- Comply with established standards for quality control and application use.
- Troubleshoot data received from outside sources and exports from internal databases.
- Troubleshoot database issues and work with the Litigation
- Support team and the Litigation Support Manager to determine the most effective way to resolve database issues.
- Assist with electronic document productions, including production of native or image files, burning CD/DVDs and performing batch printing processes.
- Maintain organized records of media, data, and productions.
- Provide hands-on support for trial technology, including data import and manipulation in Trial Director, courtroom or war room equipment set up, and on-site technology support for legal teams.
- Communicate, correspond and interact with outside vendors for service issues or togather information or data.
- Provide one-on-one litigation technology assistance for routine questions such as locating and opening a database, editing records, basic searching, etc.
- May train other support staff and end-users.
- Assist with preparing and updating documentation and training materials.
- Assist with relevant projects as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates with attorneys and other firm personnel to ensure information needs are being met and resources are being used efficiently and effectively.
- Function as the central customer support for in-house attorneys: respond to all questions, issues and status checks throughout the project cycle.
- Candidate will be responsible for ensuring resolution to all projects and/or issues.
- Manage relations with outside vendors and soliciting and evaluating vendor proposals.
- Assist the Manager of Litigation Support and E-Discovery with soliciting and preparing RFP’s.
- Address litigation support needs of all litigation attorneys in the Dallas office and nationwide as needed.
- Serve as advisor/consultant to attorneys and their clients regarding litigation support and E-Discovery needs.
- Responsible for billing time for work associated with active client matters.
- Train and orient newly hired attorneys and other professional staff in Dallas to the services, resources and software offered by the Litigation Support department.
- Provides needs-based and planned training to attorneys and staff.
- Follows and implements the marketing strategies developed by the Litigation Support team to promote the department’s services and resources.Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in a litigation support. Project
- Management experience is preferred.
- Candidate must have a solid understanding of the litigation life-cycle, the discovery process, the use of technology in support, and be very comfortable processing data using proprietary software packages.
- Experience consulting with attorneys and clients regarding the discovery process and developing workflows to facilitate efficient and defensible data collection, processing, early assessment, review and production.
- Experience with litigation support and E-Discovery software tools such as Relativity, Concordance, Opticon, LAW Prediscovery, CaseMap, Trial Director and Summation, plus the ability to learn other litigation support software as needed.
- Candidate must have experience in processing E-Discovery.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training to attorneys and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with peers and to contribute to efforts to further management’s goals.Candidate must possess proven project-management and leadership skills.
- Ability to identify, define and analyze complex litigation discovery issues and recommend and implement solutions.
- Strong and proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate to all Firm personnel in formal and informal settings.
- Excellent customer services skills and ability to excel under pressure.
Supervisory Responsibility – No supervisory responsibility
Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. After-hours, evening and weekend work required as necessary.
Travel – Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere. To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations. Thank you!
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
Monday, November 19, 2018