Patent Agent - DC
- Washington, DC
Patent Agent - Washington, DC
We are working with a major law firm that is seeking a patent agent with excellent academic credentials to join its Intellectual Property & Technology practice. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-10+ years of experience. The person hired for this position will work directly with partners and other team members and will contribute to the practice.
This is a great opportunity to work with a group of dedicated professionals who are passionate about their work, and to enjoy the benefits of a growing international law firm.
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications related to electrical, mechanical and computer technologies particularly related to telecommunication standards, telecommunication networks and systems, and telecommunication devices
- Performing prior art searching in support of patent prosecution and non-prosecution projects
- Providing technical support as needed
- Possesses superb written communications skills and an ability to produce written work product that is concise and effective
- Has strong analytical skills and an ability to offer unique perspectives on complex issues
- 3-10+ years of relevant experience is required
- Candidates fluent in Korean is a PLUS
- Knowledge/familiarity of LTE, LTE-A, 5G/NR Telecom standards is required
- Strong preference for former USPTO examiners (in telecommunications art)
- Strong skills searching prior art is preferred (ability to access and use facilities at USPTO a plus)
- Law firm experience is a plus
- Electrical Engineering undergraduate degree is strongly preferred. Advanced degree(s) also preferred
- Registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, September 3, 2019