Legal Secretary (Private Client & Tax) - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Legal Secretary (Private Client & Tax) - San Francisco, CA
One of our top law firm's seeks a Legal Secretary with at least 5+ years experience to join its San Francisco office. Will be responsible for providing a broad range of secretarial and administrative support to fee-earners, administrative personnel and clients.
Scope of Responsibility:
This position will work within the Trust & Estate practice group to support three or more attorneys. The position will require the successful handling of recurring and new tasks of moderate and high degrees of complexity, and includes frequent contact with lawyers, supervisors and staff within the firm; clients, vendors and other professionals.
The legal secretary will also represent the attorney and firm in interactions with clients and others. This role is resident the San Francisco office and is assigned to the Private Client and Tax division and may provide support to the Dispute Resolution division as well.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of documents. Formats, inputs edits, retrieves, copies, and transmits text, data, and graphics. Coordinates the preparation of Trust and Estate documents and the transferal of documents to secure off-site storage or to the client.
- Assists attorneys by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, uploading and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafts letters and documents; collects and analyzes information; initiates telecommunications; schedules and organizes client conferences, and attorney meetings; schedules couriers, prepares charts, graphs, Power point presentations and other materials;
- Maintains attorneys' calendars by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, meetings with clients and others and when required, related travel.
- Schedules meetings with internal and external participants, and coordinates with Receptionist to ensure building access, conference rooms, VC equipment and refreshments as required.
- Represents attorneys by communicating and obtaining information; follows-up on projects requested of office services, records or reception personnel, exhibits good judgment in knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Inputs attorney billable and non-billable time in accordance with month end deadlines.
- Coordinates monthly billing process between accounting and assigned partner(s). This includes preparation of draft and final client invoices and transmittal of same. Tracks tracks receipt of payment.
- Prepares expense reports in a timely manner to ensure that expenses are properly charged to Firm or as appropriate, to client.
- Prepares documents and forms as required for the New Client Intake process. This includes the conflicts check, matter details and Engagement Letter/Conflict Waiver (when necessary).
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains documents in electronic filing system (FileSite/iManage) and originals and some other documents in hard copy files.
- Operates office equipment such as photocopy machine and scanner to produce copies and scanning when needed.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of position and profession by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assists with providing coverage to reception as scheduled by the Office Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned and assists attorneys when needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must possess strong technical skills, such as typing, and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint 2003 and 2010, Chrome River as well as document and data management programs such as FileSite/iManage and Elite.
- Solid command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style. Ability to compose correspondence needed.
- Strong communication skills: the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Knowledge of records storage procedures for retrieving materials and files. Previous experience with document management systems and electronic organizational filing methods preferred.
- Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to the areas of assignment.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work both as a team as well as independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years as a secretary or administrative professional is required.
- 3+ years in the legal industry, preferably within a law firm’s wealth planning or private client practice group, is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience supporting at least one partner/high level manager in a legal or professional services environment.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Wednesday, June 5, 2019