Litigation Legal Assistant - LA
- Los Angeles, CA
Litigation Legal Assistant - Century City, CA ($75k-$85k)
We are working with a boutique law firm that is seeking an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant in the Los Angeles (Century City) Office. The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years' experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant. The ideal candidate will be pro-active, take the initiative, have a strong attention to detail, be highly organized and have impeccable communication skills.
- Understand federal and state court filing procedures and requirements, in addition to all requisite e-filing requirements (i.e. converting docs to .pdf, bookmarking, acceptable document size, etc.)
- Knowledge of service requirements and deadlines for pleadings and discovery.
- Pre-trial prep and trial assistance experience required.
- Edit, format, revise, proofread and red-line litigation documents (pleadings and discovery).
- Perform transcription from BigHand digital software program.
- Organize records, documents, correspondence, and files into a manageable format.
- Open new matters, client billing, calendaring, input time sheets and file maintenance.
- Prepare expense reports and schedule meetings, conferences and occasional travel arrangements.
- Coordinate court deadlines, depositions, etc.
- 5-7+ years of legal secretarial experience with recent litigation knowledge required.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Experience handling multiple attorneys with full caseloads.
- Knowledge of calendaring using CompuLaw preferable.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate work, maintain confidentiality, think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills as they become necessary.
- Ability to work individually and in a collaborative setting.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, FileSite/iManage, Adobe Acrobat, OMEGA (or comparable attorney time keeping software), Big Hand Transcription (or comparable transcription program), and CompuLaw (or electronic docketing software).
- Type a minimum of 50+ WPM.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Wednesday, October 2, 2019