Office Administrator - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Office Administrator - San Francisco, CA
We are working with a large international law firm that is seeking an experienced Office Administrator in its San Francisco office.The Office Administrator is responsible for the overall administrative management of the assigned office overseeing human resources, facility operations, and general management. This position will be part of the team of attorneys, paralegals and support staff providing a high level of service to both internal and external clients.
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day support of administrative operations and attorney support. This individual will also work with the Human Resources Department to assure the appropriate interpretation and implementation of firm policies and procedures; additionally the Office Administrator works closely with other directors and managers to ensure the firm’s vision and values are achieved.
This firm acts as one team where each person plays an integral role in serving the needs of the clients. The firm has a strong dedication to its employees, values, diversity and inclusion initiatives and commitment to the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Human Resources Management:
- Responsible for recruitment and selection of staff employees.
- Responsible for the orientation, training, and development of staff employees.
- Provides support and assistance related to attorney recruitment
- Coordinates the staff performance evaluation process for respective office.
- Manages employee relations effort including motivation, counseling, discipline, and terminations.
- Responsible for the evaluation of organization effectiveness and resource allocation.
- Ensures collection and submission of all personnel data records and performance/employment documentation.
- Other staff management functions as designated.
- Coordinates annual budget formulation of operating and capital expense budgets.
- Manages budget variance analysis and cost control.
- Assists with client accounting including collections, tracking and reporting hours, billings, accounts receivable, cash receipts, and related data, from firm to invoice level.
- Responsible for check approval and signing and petty cash review; assistance with banking and trust accounting issues.
- Works with Operations leadership to negotiate vendor contracts.
- Working with Operations leadership, coordinates office lease, design, construction, renovation, maintenance, and moves.
- Negotiates and makes changes to facilities management contract, as needed/requested.
- Working with Operations, researches, negotiates, and approves purchase and/or lease of office equipment, as needed/requested.
- Manages administrative services including reception, mail, fax, supplies, and messengers.
- Coordinates with landlord/tenant related to billing issue, and communications.
- Provides oversight of the maintenance of the physical location, owned or leased.
- Provides oversight of inventory control of physical assets, including furniture, library inventory, records, etc.
- Ensures a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel and visitors.
- Local level policies and procedures interpretation and implementation.
- Information management including automation, records administration, and telecommunications.
- Identifies and analyzes issue and changes in human resources, financial management, operations and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of administrative, supervisory experience.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience dealing with Human Resources issues.
Must possess leadership abilities necessary to:
- Analyze data and make recommendations
- Be loyal to the interests of the firm
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency when responding
- Facilitate a team-player attitude
- A cooperative, enthusiastic, team-player attitude.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Strong sense of courtesy and customer service in relations with others.
- Initiative and responsibility in the area of assigned work.
- Must possess the abilities to: objectively coach employees and manage through complex, and difficult employee relations issues;
- Abilities to research and analyze various types of data information; and to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues using sound judgment that is consistent with firm standards, policies and procedures.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels of firm’s structure.
- Availability to work scheduled hours and additional hours as required by business need.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Saturday, May 11, 2019