Senior Litigation Support Analyst - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Senior Litigation Support Analyst - San Francisco, CA
Responsible for providing general litigation technology support to case teams. Serves as an interface between lawyers, paralegals, internal support group, and outside service providers. Serves as primary, hands-on technical expert, performing data intake and manipulation tasks required by their cases.
- At least four years of experience in an AMLAW200 law firm or legal environment and/or a thorough understanding of the requirements of litigation support, legal documents, and procedural requirements.
- Excellent communication, organizational, technical writing, and interpersonal skills; strong service orientation and ability to develop effective working relationships with others, including legal teams, vendors, and mentees.
- Ability to propose solutions to complex case challenges.
- Experience in advising on and performing document inventory, search, and culling techniques to reduce volume, identify potentially responsive or privileged documents, and reduce costs.
- Familiarity with methods to identify duplicates, near duplicates, email threads, and families within document collections.
- Sufficient experience in case management to initiate and navigate vendor relationships on cases that may be large or have special needs.
- Proven ability to succeed as a team leader who will coordinate tasks with others in the department and with vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults and assists lawyers and paralegals on specific case needs to identify discovery document management tools and solutions for transcripts, pleadings, and correspondence.
- Prepares plans, schedules, and budgets for case specific support such as document collection, processing, review, production, and trial; advises case teams on the Firm’s best practices for managing electronic discovery.
- Liaises with information technology and other administrative departments in the Firm to support case team requirements for services such as SFTP transfer, securing source code, and war room setup.
- Develops healthy working relationships with client-approved vendors. Communicates data specifications and requirements effectively.
- Administers legal teams’ document review databases, including user rights management, database and coding form design, indexing, import/export of fielded data, OCR/extracted text, and metadata.
- Manipulates and prepares early case reports of load files and raw data using tools such as Microsoft Access, Excel, text editors, dtSearch, and LAW.
- Prepares small document collections for review by processing data using LAW; coordinates similar processing for larger collections with outside processing providers.
- Assists with preparation of search strategy for culling of documents based on discussions with legal team and knowledge of query syntax in early case assessment/culling and document review platforms.
- Interprets discovery data specifications and provides feasibility feedback to legal team. Prepares productions according to agreed-upon format.
- Provides patient training and support of Firm Software (Ringtail, Concordance, LiveNote, and CaseMap) to legal teams and corporate clients.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access, a large text editor (UltraEdit/Textpad), and file I/O manipulation using MS DOS commands or other equivalent utilities.
- Extensive working knowledge of multiple document review tools such as Ringtail, Concordance, Relativity, EZReview, or Kroll Ontrack Inview. LiveNote, IPRO, or other similar tools is required. Must be able to support end-users and perform administrative tasks.
- Experience in document review workflow. May be in the form of homemade solutions with lists of review assignments. Prior use of document review workflow tools preferred.
- Experience supporting tools for case and transcript management such as CaseMap and LiveNote.
- Ability to work under pressure and to propose solutions; a self-starter with minimal supervision required; proven ability to learn and adjust to new software without formal training.
- Willingness to work additional hours and help others with deadline intensive projects; timely and regular attendance is required.
- Willingness to occasionally travel as needed to other offices and trial sites.
- Prior trial experience helpful.
- BA/BS required.
Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Assists department leadership and other Analysts in preparation of various standardized procedures and materials.
- Acts as a mentor for more junior members of the department.
- Participates in presentations and training on various litigation support topics.
- Stays current on the rapidly changing technology developments relating to litigation support.
Posted On: Monday, May 20, 2019