Trademark Secretary - OC
- Irvine, CA
Legal Secretary (Trademark) - Irvine, CA
We are working with a global law firm that currently has an excellent employment opportunity for an experienced Trademark Secretary for our Orange County office. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, and a team oriented environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience managing domestic and international trademark portfolios, including preparation and filing of USPTO submissions (applications, office action responses, amendments to allege use, statements of use, declarations of use and incontestability, applications for renewal, and extensions of time).
- Maintain legal files (both paper & electronic), organize and file documents in designated order, as well as prepare, keyboard, enter, proofread and process legal and administrative correspondence.
- Assistance with gathering documents in support of domestic and international trademark applications, oppositions, cancellations, or other legal actions.
- Preparation of status charts, deadline reports and other client deliverables.
- Prepare, organize maintain and file other documentation and records as assigned.
- Effectively maintain docket of pending deadlines.
- Administration and maintenance of domestic and international trademark files/records, including creating correspondence to clients and foreign counsel.
- Working on specific projects as required, including trademark prosecution in the U.S. and abroad and various facets of litigation support.
- Process time entry, open new matters, draft engagement letters and audit responses, make travel arrangements, process reimbursement expenses, maintain calendar, collate information, write reports, prepare agendas, review and prepare billing invoices, and other administrative duties, on an as-needed basis.
- Manage phone lines for supported attorneys, fielding calls and conveying messages as necessary. Communicate with clients, opposing counsel, courts, and liaisons.
- Assist with overflow work and other projects as needed.
- Manage document deliveries and track final executed documentation.
Skills & Competencies
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects; ability to take initiative as appropriate; online research skills
- Strong ability to maintain high standards, use good judgment and seek out ways to contribute and anticipate needs.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to deal directly with clients and all levels of staff.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and proactive
- Candidates who have previous experience in the area of trademarks or intellectual property would be an asset.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- A combination of relevant work experience and education.
- 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience in a professional services environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- High proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required along with ability to learn new software and technology quickly.
This firm is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It has been, and continues to be our goal, to foster a well-balanced workforce that contains a significant presence of minorities and women.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and salary is flexible depending on the candidate.
Monday, February 18, 2019