- New Haven, CT
Marketing Manager - New Haven, CT
SUMMARY: Work closely with the US Marketing Team and individual Partners to identify opportunities to raise the profile of the Firm. Provide thought leadership and execute on target marketing activities including the management of strategic global and regional pitches, effective client events, worthwhile organizational affiliations and sponsorship's, cross-practice initiatives, and other projects. Travel to other East Coast and California offices, as well as to the London office will also be required on occasion.
- Provide coaching, counseling and guidance to the lawyers and associates on growing revenue, building their profile and enhancing reputation.
- Manage the production and distribution including digitally, of marketing-related promotional and client materials, such as brochures, reprints, newsletters, client alerts, client letters and Firm announcements.
- Spearhead various marketing research projects, including but not limited to research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to assist in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations and responses to RFPs.
- Identify and determine priority awards, rankings and publications for the firm to pursue, in addition to preparing submissions for such awards and tracking results.
- Work with Divisions to research and produce pitch documents for both intermediaries and end user clients.
- Analyze industry, legal and business publications to identify trends that may impact the Firm's practice areas and to identify promotional opportunities.
- Write annual business plans for various practice groups; update these plans when necessary.
- Ensure that individual Partner marketing plans are followed and updated when appropriate.
- Oversee relevant marketing budgets.
- Provide support for events, corporate sponsorship, regional client entertainment and receptions.This includes developing the invitation list, mailing the invitations, tracking RSVP, organizing registration, preparing name tags, greeting attendees upon arrival, preparing materials for the event, reserving necessary equipment and facilities, and being accessible to address the needs of guests.
- Maintain virtual marketing folder of Firm collateral materials; update and maintain marketing materials, including client-facing publications, practice profiles, lawyer biographies, office resumes and PowerPoint presentations.
- Proactively bring new ideas to the marketing team, partners and practice areas
- Additional marketing projects, as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a law or other professional services firm; strong business acumen required.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, such as pitch books, with competing deadlines.
- Experience in responding to formal pitch requests is critical.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and approach projects with a flexible and adaptable mindset.
- Enthusiastic and friendly with the demonstrated ability to work with people at various levels within the Firm.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.Knowledge of InterAction is a plus.
- Legal marketing support for a corporate or transactional practice group preferred.
- Excellent at building working relationships with internal team, both domestic and international
- Availability to attend/run events early morning (breakfast time) or evenings will be necessary, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field is required.
- Masters in Journalism or MBA a plus.
Monday, March 18, 2019