Sr. Desktop & Network Technician - LA
- Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Desktop & Network Technician - Los Angeles, CA (Century City)
We are working with a top AmLaw 100 law firm that seeks an experienced Sr. Network Desktop & Network Technician for its Los Angeles office. The Sr. Desktop & Network Technician is responsible for the day to day activities of supporting desktop and network hardware and software functions for the end user community of the firm. This position is primarily user problem resolution focused, requiring excellent customer service and communication skills, technical knowledge, and PC/Laptop expertise. This position also requires some network and server expertise.
- Setup and teardown of AV for meetings and coordination with CSS.
- Configures and deploys desktop hardware and software including but not limited to laptops, printers, hand held devices.
- Works well as part of a team on technical projects.
- Performs miscellaneous technical support tasks and special technical projects as assigned by Information Technology Services management.
- Troubleshoots Citrix and VPN remote access, as well as occasional work with network switches and server based tools.
- Maintains network switch, router, server, phones, and desktop hardware and software directly or through equipment manufacturer warranty.
- Must be conversant and knowledgeable on a user level with all standard office applications.
- Must be conversant and knowledgeable on ITS policy.
- Stand up and one-on-one training as required.
- Maintains specialized knowledge in the information technology area. Improves user’s learning experience and teaches the best use of our systems.
- Responds to help calls, diagnoses and resolves desktop hardware and software problems reported by end-users or through the Help Desk in a timely manner.
- Performs roll-outs and conducts end-user training of new software applications as needed.
- Maintains departmental records in accordance with polices and procedures and submits all required paperwork and reports accurately and on time.
- Provides effective client service and presents the firm in a positive light. Remains calm and focused in pressure situations.
- Escalates technical issues timely and appropriately.
- Successfully sets priorities, performs tasks in an orderly fashion, and meets time deadlines.
- Demonstrates good written and oral communications skills and communicates effectively.
- Works effectively with third party vendors to support the LA office infrastructure.
- Stays current with changing priorities, willing and able to take on new tasks and responsibilities and learn new technology.
- Operates well without specific direction and close supervision, given general guidelines for the position.
- Stays current with firm standard software and personal professional qualifications.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Minimum five (5)+ years' experience in a desktop PC maintenance position, preferably in a professional services organization (legal background preferred).
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing DELL/Lenovo PCs and HP Laser printers in a network environment.
- Thorough understanding of current PC operating systems, hardware configurations, and peripheral hardware.
- Knowledge of Deltaview, iManage, Unity preferred.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds, and use various hand tools.
- Strong communication organizational, training and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the Firm Standard Operating Systems and software (Win10 Workstation, Office 2016, Windows 2k12/2k16 server, Exchange 2013, Cisco Call Manager 11.5 etc.)
- Experience maintaining Cisco network switches and routers, and HP servers preferred.
- Two years post-secondary education in computers.
- Microsoft Certified Professional is a plus.
- Cisco IT Certification (preferred).
(ITAR compliance is required. On the first day of employment, candidates must present either their passport, green card, or birth certificate and drivers license).
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Friday, May 17, 2019