Patent Prosecution Patent Agent - Bay Area or TX
- San Francisco, CA
Patent Prosecution Patent Agent - Bay Area or Texas
One of our top law firm's is seeking a patent agent or technical specialist with strong academic credentials and passion for technology. Can be based out of Oakland, San Francisco, Silicon Valley or Texas offices. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of patent prosecution experience. Additionally, the person hired for this position should be comfortable with software technology and have significant experience, including the following.
- Drafting high-quality domestic and/or foreign patent applications in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering and similar technologies
- Prosecuting domestic and/or foreign patent applications in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering and similar technologies
- Communicating, orally and/or by writing, legal and technical arguments for responding to various communications from domestic and/or foreign patent offices
- Drafting various communications, such as strategic recommendations to clients, persuasive arguments and/or general research and writing to support the practice
This position offers an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology with a team of dedicated and collaborative patent professionals.
- Has excellent written communication skills and an ability to produce written work product that is concise and effective
- Is conscientious with a proven attention to detail
- Possesses strong analytical skills and an ability to offer unique perspectives on complex issues
- Is organized and efficient with disciplined time management skills
- Embraces teamwork and works effectively with others who have different styles
- 2+ years of patent drafting and prosecution experience is required
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics or equivalent practical experience is required
- USPTO patent bar admission is preferred
- Please include undergraduate, graduate and/or law school transcripts with application
- Please also include writing samples (e.g., one or more published patent applications, one or more publicly-available responses to office actions)
- All candidates should be admitted or eligible to practice before the USPTO
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Friday, June 21, 2019