Conflicts Attorney - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Conflicts Attorney – San Francisco, CA
We are working with a great AmLaw 100 Law Firm that is seeking a Conflicts Attorney for their San Francisco office. They will look at CA barred attorneys who have had only minimal conflicts exposure and are willing to learn/expand their skills in this area. They will even consider an attorney who hasn't even held the conflicts title, but has just had some light exposure. While they will look at more seasoned conflicts attorneys for this role as they will, please note that they will definitely consider junior candidates. Please note that this is a staff attorney/non-billable position.
Responsibilities & Duties:
With the direction and consultation of the General Counsel’s office and Professional Responsibility Committee:
- Analyzes results from searches of the firm’s conflicts database and outside sources to identify potential or actual conflicts posed by new work or new hires;
- Actively consults and advises firm attorneys regarding conflicts clearance;
- As needed, drafts conflicts waivers or takes other steps to cure conflicts;
- Provides instruction and supervises the work of the nonlawyer conflicts staff; and
- Documents or audits steps taken to clear any conflicts.
- Works with ethical walls and screens managed within Intapp Walls tool.
- Together with the non-lawyer staff, maintains the conflicts database with appropriate information about firm clients and matters, client subsidiaries and affiliates, related parties, etc.
- Enters information obtained during the conflicts clearance process in the conflicts database documenting the resolution of conflicts and any waivers, where necessary.
- Assists London team members with overflow anti-money laundering compliance activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by firm management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Law degree from an accredited law school is required.
- Bar membership in the jurisdiction where the Conflicts Attorney is located is required; candidates for bar membership must be admitted (by waiver or exam) in accordance with the jurisdictional admission rules and requirements.
- Familiarity with the Model and D.C. Rules of Professional Conduct or analogous rules in other jurisdictions is preferred. Familiarity with anti-money laundering compliance regimes is preferred.
- Excellent legal or business research ability using various online databases and print resources is required.
- General familiarity with modern business organization models, structures and ownership is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and written and oral communications skills are required. Specifically, a Conflicts Attorney must be able to distill for the lawyer a quantity of complex data into a manageable, logical explanation of the legal issue and recommended steps to be taken.
- Excellent judgment is required in providing support to the firm’s lawyers, including knowing when to escalate an issue.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish close working relationships with the firm's lawyers, administrative and support staff are required. Demonstrated customer service focus is preferred.
- Facility with MS Office and similar typical business software is required. Familiarity with Intapp OPEN or other automated conflict of interest clearance workflow procedures and systems as found in AmLaw 100 firms is preferred.
- Supervisory ability or demonstrated capacity to provide instruction in a business setting is preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, October 14, 2019