Marketing Manager (Litigation) - DC
- Washington, DC
Marketing Manager (Litigation) - Washington, DC
We are working with a top law firm whose Marketing department has an excellent opportunity for a Marketing Manager for the Litigation Practice Group in the Washington, D.C. office. This role will primarily support the Litigation Group’s Appellate and Major Motions, Class Action Defense, International Arbitration and Litigation, and International Trade teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 5-10+ years of experience in professional services marketing. Law firm experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Strong attention to detail, as well as strong legal writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage major projects, multi-task and effectively prioritize.
- Must be comfortable managing tight deadlines without compromising work quality and working in a fast-paced environment for clients who have a wide variety of personalities and work styles. This role requires individualized client service for the partners and must be proactive – not reactive – by bringing and implementing ideas that can yield a strategic impact.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to speak effectively and respond to inquiries from all levels of clients and professional and support staff.
- Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff, and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy and professionalism in these interactions.
- Support relevant practice teams’ marketing efforts as outlined in their strategic plans, including organizing monthly team meetings and working with team leaders to identify and pursue client opportunities and reputation-building activities that will make the teams more profitable.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the legal market and the litigation capabilities of the Firm nationwide, applying this knowledge to maximize the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Manage relevant RFP/proposal responses and pitch meeting preparations, including: gathering and analyzing existing materials, providing competitive intelligence in conjunction with the research team, identifying and gathering firmwide human resources and financial information, liaising with attorneys to write new content, managing proofreading, gaining final department and lawyer approvals, and coordinating the printing and timely delivery of materials.
- Collaborate with the practice team leaders, other partners, and marketing department personnel to create, maintain and update accurate and effective website content, brochures, practice profiles, announcements, Proposal Database information and other marketing collateral for the assigned practice teams.
- Plan and execute relevant practice team client events such as webinars, conferences, speaking engagements, memberships, sponsorships and other events. This includes: vetting opportunities, establishing and managing budget, site selection, development of invitations and management of invitation lists, managing ad production, event logistics, site set-up, CLE planning and post event follow up.
- Work closely with the Public Relations and Communications teams to identify and leverage media opportunities, publish effective and timely client alerts, and support Firm blogs.
- Liaise with the Communications team to prepare Chambers, Legal 500 and other submissions to rankings and directories contributing to established team goals and objectives.
- Track numerous areas of practice and service activity, including but not limited to collection of matter summaries for use in the department’s experience database and various directory reporting efforts.
- Support the integration of lateral attorneys, including bio creation and posting, Firm photo, press release and intranet story, announcements, community involvement database, business development planning, and contacts integration.
- Stay abreast of news about client development targets in order to suggest opportunities and approaches for client expansion or market penetration. In tandem with the Competitive Intelligence team, conduct research on such targets as needed. Contribute to monthly client development activity reports.
- Respond to requests and questions from lawyers, administrative staff, and vendors; provide excellent customer service; and follow-through on requests to ensure needs are met.
- Assist the Litigation Group Chair and Director of Business Development where needed with Litigation group-wide practice development projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, November 26, 2019