Senior Power Resources Specialist
City of San José, CA
- San Jose, CA
San José Clean Energy (SJCE), the City’s brand new Community Choice Energy (CCE) program is seeking a Senior Power Resources Specialist. SJCE’s mission is to reduce Citywide greenhouse gas emissions, lower energy rates, and provide the community with a choice of energy providers, in addition to providing transparency, accountability, and outstanding customer service. SJCE is the largest single city Community Choice Aggregation in California and will be fully operational in February 2019.
The Senior Power Resources Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and planning the negotiation of complex energy resource supply contracts, services, and agreements. This position requires a BA/BS degree and three (3) years of experience in energy resources operations, planning, purchasing, scheduling, or contract negotiations.
Typical duties of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs energy resources and supply and demand-side management analysis.
- Oversees energy risk management.
- Energy forecasting.
- Monitors, tracks, and validates California Independent System Operator (CAISO) scheduling and settlements.
- Provides technical compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Assists in the preparation of the Department’s budget, including revenue and expense forecasting and analysis for budget proposals and reports.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts marked-to-market, rate, and cost of service studies; benchmarks utility activities, services, and costs with comparator agencies and prepares recommendations based on comparator findings.
- May represent the Department and/or City at events or meetings.
- May serve as a liaison to electric utility agencies and regulatory bodies.
The salary range for this position is $106,121.60 to $130,000.00 per year. The actual salary shall be determined by the candidate’s qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in this classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay (approximately $111,427.68 to $136,500.00). In addition, the City provides an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Retirement – Competitive defined benefit retirement plan with full reciprocity with CalPERS; defined contribution plan available as an option.
- Health Insurance – The City contributes 85% towards the premium of the lowest cost non-deductible plan. There are several plan options.
- Dental Insurance – The City contributes 100% of the premium of the lowest priced plan for dental coverage.
- Personal Time – Vacation is accrued initially at the rate of three weeks per year with amounts increasing up to five weeks after 15 years of service. Executive Leave of 40 hours is granted annually and depending upon success in the Management Performance Program could increase to up to 80 hours. Sick Leave is accrued at the rate of approximately 8 hours per month.
- Holidays – The City observes 14 paid holidays annually.
- Deferred Compensation – The City offers an optional 457 Plan.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – The City participates in Dependent Care Assistance and Medical Reimbursement Programs.
- Insurance – The City provides a term life policy equal to two times annual salary. Long-term disability and AD&D plans are optional.
- Employee Assistance Program - The City provides a comprehensive range of services through the EAP.
For more information on employee benefits, visit the City’s benefits Website: http://www.sanjoseca.gov/index.aspx?NID=707
Apply immediately at www.alliancerc.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible. For compensation information and questions, contact Sherrill Uyeda or Cindy Krebs at (562) 901-0769 or via email at [email protected] or [email protected].
Wednesday, December 19, 2018