Why Atlanta Unbound Academy?
AUA will serve as a beacon of academic promise and create a community of students who are the seeds of their ancestor’s wildest dreams-authentic, engaged citizens and leaders of their community who achieve beyond expectations and fuel the advancement and glory of their people. Through rigorous, culturally relevant teaching and a creative, nurturing environment, AUA will empower students who achieve intellectually, interpret the world critically, and dream beyond measure. There are lots of ways you can make an impact and we have a team that is all in. You have the privilege to work with incredible students, and there’s always someone who’s got your back from coaching you through a challenging day to helping you grow professionally and personally. While our environment is urgent, fast-paced and ever-fluctuating, you’ll have all the support (and caffeine) you need to feel successful.
Compassion. Courage. Critical Thinking. – We are AUA.
The time is now. There is no more urgent and pressing mission than to provide a rigorous and culturally relevant education to students from low-income communities. We hire passionate professionals determined to ensure that 100% of their students succeed. Anything less would be unacceptable. It’s fast-paced, tiring, sometimes all-consuming, yet fun and rewarding. We need passionate educators committed to raising the bar of excellence for our children. Educators, who believe in open doors, welcome feedback and aren’t afraid to ask for help. An AUA teacher is a self-starter, results-oriented, thinks critically about problems, compassionate and courageous enough to come back each day renewed, with a smile and a sense of humor.
AUA is a great fit for the person who
- enjoys creating from scratch and is excited to create a school
- can take a vision and make it reality when few see it.
- believes in the value culturally relevant teaching
- can remain calm in the midst of pressure, especially in difficult conversations with stakeholders
- has a sense of humor, humility, and urgency, with a customer service mindset
- believes in doing whatever it takes to meet the goal
- has strong project and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results.
- has an unwavering commitment to AUA’s mission and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of AUA’s students, families, and staff.