Occupational Therapist - OT
Attendant Care Companies
- Rochester, MI
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Short term and long term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Potential for career advancement
- Opportunities to aid in developing new programs
- Dependable and committed colleagues
- Compassionate and rewarding work environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements physician-ordered occupational therapies for self-care activities such as personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, homemaking, mobility, adaptation of equipment for personal care and leisure skills (playing board games, computer games, etc.)
- Performs occupational therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled treatments, and ongoing evaluation of clients who are receiving services under a medically approved Plan of Care.
- Guides and instructs the client in prescribing therapeutic self-care and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence and physical and cognitive functioning.
- Advises, consults, and teaches appropriate treatment procedures and supportive activities to clients, family members, and other Agency staff.
- Designs and/or orders appropriate adaptive/assistive devices and/or splints to promote optimal level of functioning.
- Instructs clients and their families in the client specific program.
- Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
- Valid State of Michigan’s Driver’s License
- Current Auto Insurance
- Current CPR certification
- Current Occupational Therapy Registration
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program
About Attendant Care Companies:
Established in 2003, Attendant Care has provided exceptional home health, private duty nursing, and residential services to individuals with health and/or behavioral needs for over 15 years.